• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is social played-out yet?

You know, it all depends on what you use social media for. I have a sports photography business (I just love to work 2 jobs LOL) Facebook has been the single biggest driver of that business, because it is photo based. In this sense I use it for a business aspect, and it works well. The social sides are in constant motion....Instagram is where the kids are at these days, so I am on there with my photo biz as well, and I can slowly see where the kids go...the parents are not to far behind....more and more signing up as I look at it each day. Facebook is good at having groups/fan pages for high school sports team, a great collection of information on what is happening with that program for the parents and players, and a easy spot for coaches to post info instead of grabbing the phone and making calls for an hour. These are all outside of the car business though.....so each social application can work for different types of business. Twitter is really a breaking news real time application. When the Boston bomber was caught in the boat, I was following Twitter and was just captivated by the posts comign across........info listed that news networks could not say until they verified it, so you would learn info 5-minutes before it could be broadcasted in traditional media...really wild.