• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is the promise of "Big Data" back from the dead?

ryan.leslie

One of the good guys
Apr 20, 2009
Awards
First Name
Ryan
(Hey Mods, Please delete this if it is too promotional. I joined Foureyes to help launch this product because it spoke to so many of the data related discussions we've had here in the Refresh Forums over the years. Not trying to pull any fast ones, the discussion will absolutely feature this technology, but we will do our best to share an actionable insight or two whether dealers choose to explore further or not.)

Last week, Foureyes officially launched a Unified Data Platform, think super-cool Business Intelligence suite that ties website, phone call, CRM, and inventory data together. The technology has been in development for a little over a year with some truly incredible dealer partners of all sizes. This isn't a vaporware launch or selling a "hopeful future-reality," large publicly traded groups are already using it to drive mission critical strategy and decisioning.

In order to support the launch, my friend and colleague, Cameron Dieter and I will be hosting a webinar on the 8th, and we'd love to have you join us.

"Ryan, why would I want to give you time to attend this?" That is a solid question. Here is my Top Ten List!

------------------

10. You've found the promise of "Big Data" we discussed here in the Forums to be little more than a buzzword and a BIG Disappointment.

9. You perform more "marriages" each month than a Vegas Elvis impersonator. (How many reports are you "marrying" to get a single actionable insight?)

8. It takes you half of the month to prepare your monthend reports.

7. You've thought, "GA shows me patterns which is important, but they are anonymous by design. I want to know who these people are so that I can personalize my team's outreach and approach."

6. You've thought to yourself, "Is it my team, or is it this lead source that sucks this month? I wish I knew how other dealers like me are doing with this partner"

5. You don't have the data visibility to truly hold your teams accountable to your process or your expectations.

4. You are so tired of hearing about AI, your alphabet now starts with the letter B and you refer to yourself only in the third person. (Ryan thought this was very funny. Ryan may be wrong, but Ryan often laughs at Ryan's own jokes.)

3. You've asked yourself, "Should I drop my price on this unit or hold? How many people are really looking at it? If I drop, will the people on the fence closest to purchase even know?"

2. You've not yet met my friend and coworker Cameron Dieter. (This could have been number one. Cameron is a wealth of knowledge in this subject matter area.)

1. You made it all the way to the bottom of this list! That has to mean something, right?

Here is the registration link. Hope to see you on the 8th!

PS. I would love to know what marketing decisions and data challenges you are facing? Cameron and I will work hard to answer any questions that come from Refresh. Feel free to message me here.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
"OG"... I'm not familiar with that acronym. Does it mean "Older Gentleman." ;)

You and @Jeff Kershner should consider an AARP style badge for all of us that were here BEFORE the forums that gives us license to just do whatever we want. I'd support that.

OG = Original and NOT "Older Gentlemen" (that comes more naturally with our generation.)

AARP style badge - I support this! We even have a badging/trophy/awards feature that's not being used to it's fullest - https://forum.dealerrefresh.com/award-system/user/awards?user=3

You come up with a good design and I'll do my best to include it in for all of us OG's - "Older Gentlemen" community members such as yourself!

Reactions: ryan.leslie