Is there room for a tiny independent here?

Mike Rod

Tie Cut
Aug 27, 2019
First Name
Mike
Hi all. I am a very tiny independent dealer that has been opened a year. I am warehouse based that can only hold about 4-5 cars (or maybe 10 smart cars :lol:). I have come across several forums that only cater to new dealerships. Is this forum fine for small guys? Or are there any other suggested independent dealer forums that may cater to the smaller guys?

I did want to mention that I had come across a thread here that referenced the ACV and BacklotCars sites, and I wanted to say thank you. I signed up for them last night.

Reactions: Alex Snyder
Hi Mike and welcome to the forums!
giphy.gif

I am a small independent as well. I have been hanging around here for a few years. There is a LOT of information here which needs to be scaled to the size and budget of your operation.

My favorite thing about this group is that I can say Fuck and nobody gets mad at me.

Seriously, 75% of my operation is the result of this group. My website, my Facebook marketing, some vehicle sources, to name a few. I have also gotten to know some really good people in here.

Welcome to the group.

Reactions: Alex Snyder
*paging Alexander Lau: someone used your favorite noun, pronoun, verb, adverb, antecedent, conjunction, definitive article, elliptical clause, intransitive verb, prepositional phrase, gerund, dangling participle etc...* ;)

Welcome Mike. Don't miss the search tool at the top right. There is quite literally a decade of knowledge captured here in the forums. If the automotive industry had an equivalent to the fabled libraries of Alexandria, DealerRefresh would be that library.

Last edited:
Reactions: john.quinn
Seriously, 75% of my operation is the result of this group. My website, my Facebook marketing, some vehicle sources, to name a few. I have also gotten to know some really good people in here.

:bow: Clint. It takes a genius to figure out what the hell we're saying on here so :tiphat: ...in other words: fuck yeah :banana2:

Welcome Mike - there is always room for you dirty independents :rofl:

Reactions: Tallcool1