• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Issues with CarWars, any alternatives?

Dec 23, 2019
First Name
Jason
We've been using Car Wars for call monitoring for the last few years. In the last few months they have had several issues with dropping calls and one sided audio. Last week their systems were broken for two days. This morning, we're having the same issue of people not able to get through to us, or when they do they can't hear us. When this happened last week I had to go into all of our inventory providers, google etc and change our contact numbers to go directly into our phone systems to work around it. It looks like I'm going to have to do this again today. Frankly, I'm fed up with it.

What alternatives have people here used and are happy with? I like that Carwars would listen to the calls and filter them by inventory calls and give a brief summary I could read on each phone call so I didn't have to wade through hundreds of calls to find the sales calls to listen to them. Any other companies doing something similar? Reliability is a must.

We use CallRail too - It's pretty easy to manage yourself like @reverson said. Has call tracking, Dynamic Number Insertion (DNI), text messaging, call routing, call transcripts with keyword spotting, and can integrate with Google Ads, Analytics events, and much more.

Much cheaper as well.

We use CallRail too - It's pretty easy to manage yourself like @reverson said. Has call tracking, Dynamic Number Insertion (DNI), text messaging, call routing, call transcripts with keyword spotting, and can integrate with Google Ads, Analytics events, and much more.

Much cheaper as well.
Yeah after the issues dealers are facing with CarWars, I'd be very hesitant to go with a smaller automotive-focused call tracking company. Phones are the lifeline of a dealership and it can often take weeks before dealers realize that they are experiencing issues with a call tracking line - just think how much advertising expense is wasted during these scenarios.

Because of this, I would only put my faith in a large and well respected call tracking company like CallRail. They have over 100,000 clients - many larger and more demanding than even the largest dealership groups. Plus you get the benefit of CallRail constantly developing new functionality and third party integrations like Zapier, Data Studio, etc - all while being very affordable.

Sorry if that seemed like a pitch, I have no financial interest in CallRail, I would just hate for car dealers to end up in CarWars-like situation again.

I'm wondering is anyone missed this part of @Jason Hartwell 's post.

I like that Carwars would listen to the calls and filter them by inventory calls and give a brief summary I could read on each phone call so I didn't have to wade through hundreds of calls to find the sales calls to listen to them. Any other companies doing something similar? Reliability is a must.

I lot of the services offer call recording with automated transcribing and I can't remember exactly how CarWars does it but I believe they have the ability to assign "important/urgent" calls by dealer department, immediately sending the important info by text message.

We were on CarWars for year and then the owner decided he wanted a change, for the sake of change and moved to CallRevu. CallRevu does offer the department specific transcribing with immediate alerts as well. I preferred CarWars personally for their UI and reporting.

Have you reached out to Mike Haeg, VP of Automotive for CarWars? He sticks his head in here from time to time.

Reactions: Eric Miltsch