• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Issues with CarWars, any alternatives?

I'm wondering is anyone missed this part of @Jason Hartwell 's post.

I lot of the services offer call recording with automated transcribing and I can't remember exactly how CarWars does it but I believe they have the ability to assign "important/urgent" calls by dealer department, immediately sending the important info by text message.

We were on CarWars for year and then the owner decided he wanted a change, for the sake of change and moved to CallRevu. CallRevu does offer the department specific transcribing with immediate alerts as well. I preferred CarWars personally for their UI and reporting.

Have you reached out to Mike Haeg, VP of Automotive for CarWars? He sticks his head in here from time to time.

Interactivetel also has a solution for that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys know if there is any integration with CallRail and Eleads CRM?
Yes, they can send call leads to Automotive CRM's

Yes, but not as natively as some automotive specific solutions. You would either have to use their online softphone website or the iPhone / Android app to dial a customer. (or for dealer groups - use their API to create your own solution https://apidocs.callrail.com/#creating-an-outbound-phone-call)

reporting
Yes, this is one area where they excel, great built-in reporting and they even have a Google Data Studio integration to build your own custom reports.

I lot of the services offer call recording with automated transcribing and I can't remember exactly how CarWars does it but I believe they have the ability to assign "important/urgent" calls by dealer department, immediately sending the important info by text message.
CallRail offers similar functionality, you just have to create the rules though since it's not automotive specific.

It's a balancing act between features and reliability. While I think an automotive specific solution is great for many dealers, something non-automotive like CallRail might be a better choice for larger dealer groups or DIY dealers.

Reactions: Rick Buffkin
@Jason Hartwell - Thanks for the chat on the phone earlier.

As we discussed, I hear you loud and clear. Call quality is critical and we blew it. We take stability seriously and let you down. I am sorry for that. The entire team here is laser focused on regaining your trust and confidence. Step one is ensuring we deliver for our dealers. I know that's what matters.

We've been at it since 1988 and servicing dealerships since 2003. I say that simply to illustrate how deep this runs in our bones and how important it is to us, just like you.

My contact information is below. I'm happy to speak with anyone at anytime about what is happening at Car Wars and what we're doing as a result.

Mike Haeg
[email protected]
214-684-8313 (cell)

Jason,
I would love to talk to you about what our company offers. We provide 100% call accountability for dealerships. We offer all the services you’re use too, plus the 90% of calls that aren’t accounted for. We capture every call, from your main number and every inbound and outbound call, click to call and tracking numbers. We integrate with all automotive CRMs and our analytics will deliver every missed opportunity in real time to your phone or email. Our summaries are done by professional trainers that will not only inform you of every sales call but they will come out to train your sales team. If you’re interested,
please give me a call,

We've been using Car Wars for call monitoring for the last few years. In the last few months they have had several issues with dropping calls and one sided audio. Last week their systems were broken for two days. This morning, we're having the same issue of people not able to get through to us, or when they do they can't hear us. When this happened last week I had to go into all of our inventory providers, google etc and change our contact numbers to go directly into our phone systems to work around it. It looks like I'm going to have to do this again today. Frankly, I'm fed up with it.

What alternatives have people here used and are happy with? I like that Carwars would listen to the calls and filter them by inventory calls and give a brief summary I could read on each phone call so I didn't have to wade through hundreds of calls to find the sales calls to listen to them. Any other companies doing something similar? Reliability is a must.

I have had issues for the last 2 months with when we click to call we get busy tones. First we were like dang a lot of people are blocking us? Nope! They have switched our lines a few times and it's still happening. We have to manual dial. I'm getting fed up myself.

I'm wondering is anyone missed this part of @Jason Hartwell 's post.

We were on CarWars for year and then the owner decided he wanted a change, for the sake of change and moved to CallRevu. CallRevu does offer the department specific transcribing with immediate alerts as well. I preferred CarWars personally for their UI and reporting.

Have you reached out to Mike Haeg, VP of Automotive for CarWars? He sticks his head in here from time to time.
Hi Jeff,

We use AI analytics to "weed" out the important calls and allow the dealer to decide on specific keywords & phrases to be notified of. We notify the dealer within 30 seconds of the call being completed with either a text, email or both. We do as well transcribe calls that the dealer can review at his/her leisure as well. Let me know if you would like or need any additional information. Thank you -Stephen

I have had issues for the last 2 months with when we click to call we get busy tones. First we were like dang a lot of people are blocking us? Nope! They have switched our lines a few times and it's still happening. We have to manual dial. I'm getting fed up myself.
Dona, I have heard from many dealers over the last month on the Click-to-Call feature having issues. We have created a "Chrome Extension" that allows for Click-to-call" to work with any CRM. If you have any questions, please reach out to me. I hope the issues are resolved for you quickly. - Stephen

CallRevu anybody? They have both human and AI based call tracking and monitoring. While others only offer AI, and cross into other industries, CallRevu is 100% dedicated to Auto Industry. Big differences in what you get with other providers. Anybody that has questions, I can set up a demo. Dropping the bomb on new offerings this year (at NADA) that give you actionable insights into your digital source spend as tracking and call integration. I'm partial, but check it out. Peace!

CallRevu anybody? They have both human and AI based call tracking and monitoring. While others only offer AI, and cross into other industries, CallRevu is 100% dedicated to Auto Industry. Big differences in what you get with other providers. Anybody that has questions, I can set up a demo. Dropping the bomb on new offerings this year (at NADA) that give you actionable insights into your digital source spend as tracking and call integration. I'm partial, but check it out. Peace!

Found we were getting a lot of "urgent alerts" for "customer called, asked question, received answer, call ended pleasantly" calls.

Reactions: R Stillman