• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

January 5th in video games: Darksiders vs. Bayonetta

2 hours into Darksiders and I am thoroughly enjoying it on the PS3. Cool armegeddon story line, lots of weapons/upgrades. So far combat has been button mashing but it looks like there are a lot of new moves/combos you can buy throughout the game. Graphics are world of warcraftish and very good.

2 hours into Darksiders and I am thoroughly enjoying it on the PS3. Cool armegeddon story line, lots of weapons/upgrades. So far combat has been button mashing but it looks like there are a lot of new moves/combos you can buy throughout the game. Graphics are world of warcraftish and very good.

At first glance (I only played the first two levels) of Bayonetta, it's very over-the-top sex appeal and waste-my-time-with-pointless-story cut scenes that go on for too long. Give me less animated girly show off scenes and more gameplay, please.

That said, I'm going to give it a shot because my friend highly recommends it and play through it. I'm wondering how Darksiders compares to Ninja Gaiden 2 - they sound more similar than Bayonetta.

Darksiders is closer to Zelda. You have an overworld, dungeons, and accessories that open paths to different areas and solve mediocre puzzles inside dungeons. accessories found and techniques learned in a dungeon are the key to defeating that dungeon's boss ;).