• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

KBB.com makeover puzzlement

All I know is I do not prefer the new site. My sales managers had been seeing the new KBB while it was in "beta" for a month or two, but clearing their cookies made their KBB experience revert to the classic site. Now its nothing but the new format, and its slowing them down a bit.

I did a little deep-diving trying to imitate a consumer, and I'm not a fan. The homepage seemed very simple for the scenarios I tested, but once you get inside it is a lot of work for the consumer. You need to recognize tabs for images and the details you visit KBB for. It is easy to lose sight of these tabs with the advertisements and submit a lead focus. To get a value on my trade I lost count of the number of clicks I took to get there. Actually, I never got there - I got frustrated....and I like to think I know what I'm doing.

This is not a consumer friendly site.

I agree Alex. I can see where they're trying to go, but they overshot trying to get too much in. This is where Split Testing would help (assuming they haven't already done that ;-)

I am slowly turning to "Time on Site" & "Return Visits" as the 2 top scores for site use. "# of pages viewed" has to be VDP views only for it to have weight.