• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Launched My New Men's Magazine Site - Let Me Know What You Think!

The layout is clean and easy to navigate. Interesting content - I realized I need to add the transparent pool table to the Christmas list. Are you planning to add affiliate coded links to all the gadget purchase options? The lower half of the home page seems more weighted to gadgets, giving it more of a commerce feel than a magazine feel. If this is male focused magazine then I'm a little confused by the domain name and logo. I would move your About paragraph that is at the very bottom to the top as a welcome message so people understand what to expect. In the four stories in the mid-section (BBQ Pork, etc.) I would make the photos clickable links as well - people tend to click on photos more than text. Congratulations on your project.

Reactions: 1 person
"A Relationship And Girlfriend Or The Single Life With A Career"

That relationship and girlfriend thing is the reason my marriage failed. She just wasn't very understanding.

It really is a nice looking website. I would re-think that area.

If you want to give advise, never marry a french girl. They are pretty but they are the most jealous women on the planet. Understand that I am french. If you must, take "until death do us part" out of the vows. With divorce, they get half but if they kill you they get it all.

Reactions: 3 people
It's just a shopping site, right? It looks fine.

In "About" you have: "NextLuxury.com is the exclusive online men's blog and magazine for all ages of men with common interests."

My experience has shown that niche beats out over this "we're everything to everybody approach".

Anyway, good luck.

In "About" you have: "NextLuxury.com is the exclusive online men's blog and magazine for all ages of men with common interests."

My experience has shown that niche beats out over this "we're everything to everybody approach".

Anyway, good luck.

Excellent point. Trying to be everything to everyone is difficult to accomplish, especially online. Or if you have the capital to get it done.

Find your ninche and be the best at that ninche.

Example:
"A site for cool dads" catering to dads between the ages of 25-40. Cool dad gadgets, cloths that don't scream I'm a Dad (no jorts allowed Quinn), stuff for the kids, cool gifts for other cool dads.

Keep it ninche. Find your voice and your segment of readers/customers.

The layout is clean and easy to navigate. Interesting content - I realized I need to add the transparent pool table to the Christmas list. Are you planning to add affiliate coded links to all the gadget purchase options? The lower half of the home page seems more weighted to gadgets, giving it more of a commerce feel than a magazine feel. If this is male focused magazine then I'm a little confused by the domain name and logo. I would move your About paragraph that is at the very bottom to the top as a welcome message so people understand what to expect. In the four stories in the mid-section (BBQ Pork, etc.) I would make the photos clickable links as well - people tend to click on photos more than text. Congratulations on your project.

Thanks for the kind words. Affiliate program is already setup using Amazon for now. As far the homepage goes, it's entirely random. I typically make more content on gadgets/gear, since that generates more revenue and it takes forever to write out a 800 word in-depth article for the other sections. For the name it's something I've had for well.. forever. It has over 715 million results, and the phrase is pretty common. Not really related to men, like "Men's Health magazine", but I like being different. You are entirely right, I need to explain what the sites about at the top, and thanks for pointing the photo issues out. Been so busy setting things up overlooked that!

"A Relationship And Girlfriend Or The Single Life With A Career"

That relationship and girlfriend thing is the reason my marriage failed. She just wasn't very understanding.

It really is a nice looking website. I would re-think that area.

If you want to give advise, never marry a french girl. They are pretty but they are the most jealous women on the planet. Understand that I am french. If you must, take "until death do us part" out of the vows. With divorce, they get half but if they kill you they get it all.

lol, thanks! Sorry about the women problems.

Anyway, good luck.

More of a mix, both shopping and advice. Thanks for the words, sort of threw that about us section up real quick. I need to do a bit more research on my target market and incorporate it into that.

Font is rather small and I needed my readers. Pictures are kind of small as well. Was not something I wanted to bookmark, sorry, just my opinion.

No problem, love the honest advice! It is hard to read, I've always been a "use a tiny font designer", but lately I've been breaking out of that mold. Thanks Jerry.

Kcar, the reason why divorce is so expensive ...because it is worth it.

I don't have any woman problems. My youngest daughter married a Frenchman. He knows that he can mess around all he wants. He just better never go to sleep.

Excellent point. Trying to be everything to everyone is difficult to accomplish, especially online. Or if you have the capital to get it done.

Find your ninche and be the best at that ninche.

Example:
"A site for cool dads" catering to dads between the ages of 25-40. Cool dad gadgets, cloths that don't scream I'm a Dad (no jorts allowed Quinn), stuff for the kids, cool gifts for other cool dads.

Keep it ninche. Find your voice and your segment of readers/customers.

Thanks Jeff! Your right it's going to be too hard to cater to everyone, still working on my target market but it's getting there.

Kcar, the reason why divorce is so expensive ...because it is worth it.

I don't have any woman problems. My youngest daughter married a Frenchman. He knows that he can mess around all he wants. He just better never go to sleep.

Sorry skimmed your first post, didn't get a clear understanding but now I get it!