• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Lead wall on your website

"Even worse, it puts a lead form firewall in front of every GMB visitor, likely causing a poor customer experience."
I was speaking with a "For The People" dealer this morning. He reports that they generate a lot of leads and it does a good job of generating sub-prime leads, in particular. He also mentioned that he feels they may be substituting quantity for quality. (paraphrasing)

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
"Dealer For The People" is the Rich Dealer's program (if I remember correctly). Jimmy Vee and Travis Miller are Traffic Institute. https://trafficinstitute.com/

I know several dealers that subscribe to this philosophy. One in particular would close about 3% of leads, but the grosses were tall. The advertising budget was horrendous, but I guess it all works out or nobody would do it.

Some of these dealers squeeze at the entry page. You can't even look at the website until you have cleared the squeeze. This is the first thing you get when you click the Google Search result.

1620239775768.png

I have been through their sales presentation a couple of times, but just don't have the lenders to make it work. It is absolutely a sub-prime targeting campaign.

That's all I know.

What is FOR THE PEOPLE?

We’re on a mission to put the fun back into buying a car and treat our customers with the respect they deserve. We’re here for you. We believe in you. We want to help you own the car of your dreams!

We believe that if you treat people courteously and truly help them they’ll become your customers for life. That’s what we’re promising. We’re not in business to sell cars to make a quick buck. We’re in business to find great people who will buy cars from us for life.

We want to build a relationship with you — a relationship that adds value to your life — one built on trust and mutual respect — a relationship that will give you a dealership you feel comfortable doing business with for life.

Replacing the GMB link is a red flag for sure!

If you do a search for "For the people car dealers" you'll find may examples of their vanity URLs and landing pages.

The WALL:

View attachment 5477
Right on, makes harvesting their customer list fairly straightforward :)

"Dealer For The People" is the Rich Dealer's program (if I remember correctly). Jimmy Vee and Travis Miller are Traffic Institute. https://trafficinstitute.com/

I had no idea Jimmy and Travis were still in the automotive game. I met them at a conference many years ago. I personally never took to their style of marketing but I guess it works for some.

Reactions: Tallcool1