• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

john.quinn

Boss
Dec 2, 2009
Awards
First Name
John
Speaking with an Internet Lead Manager the other day about "LIFO" (Last In, First Out) approach to handling leads.

My thoughts are that LIFO is pretty much THE accepted lead-handling rule. But curious to hear other thoughts.

Situation usually presents itself in the morning with leads received overnight. You sign-on in the morning, there are a few leads waiting for you.

My thought is that if a New Lead arrives during the morning, you drop the ones from overnight, and do your best to create that WOW first impression with a fast, relevant response. The ones from overnight will still be there when you are done, and your window to respond in a few minutes to WOW them with a speed component is already passed.

My thought is that if a New Lead arrives during the morning, you drop the ones from overnight, and do your best to create that WOW first impression with a fast, relevant response. The ones from overnight will still be there when you are done, and your window to respond in a few minutes to WOW them with a speed component is already passed.

I agree with this methodology. Kind of like if you're in a bar and a gal winked at you an hour ago and there's another girl winking at you right now, which one do you talk to?

Reactions: 5 people
Kind of like if you're in a bar and a gal winked at you an hour ago and there's another girl winking at you right now, which one do you talk to?

There's a pitch for "lead scoring" around here somewhere... The pretty one Jerry, you always go for the pretty one! :)

(Edit: YIKES, I'm the guy at the bar sitting next to the guy in the PURPLE TIE! ;))

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person