I've been researching a problem around vehicle history and used-car transactions, and I've reached the point where desk research isn't very useful anymore.
I'd especially like to hear from people who have worked in independent dealerships, used-car acquisition, auctions, inspections, vehicle data/history, or marketplaces.
The main thing I'm trying to understand is this:
Where do vehicle-history products fail to give dealers or buyers information they actually need when evaluating a used vehicle?
I've developed a few hypotheses and written them up, but I'd rather not lead the discussion by pitching the idea first.
If you've dealt with this firsthand, I'd be interested in what information you wish you had, what existing tools get wrong, or where my premise itself may be flawed.
Happy to share the full reasoning afterward if useful.
I'd especially like to hear from people who have worked in independent dealerships, used-car acquisition, auctions, inspections, vehicle data/history, or marketplaces.
The main thing I'm trying to understand is this:
Where do vehicle-history products fail to give dealers or buyers information they actually need when evaluating a used vehicle?
I've developed a few hypotheses and written them up, but I'd rather not lead the discussion by pitching the idea first.
If you've dealt with this firsthand, I'd be interested in what information you wish you had, what existing tools get wrong, or where my premise itself may be flawed.
Happy to share the full reasoning afterward if useful.