• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Looking for ILM wisdom!

Ok, I have a great idea less exchange some information. My store just went live with Eleads last month. My favorite part is that my desk managers are FINALLY involved in using the CRM tool. As for the ILM portion, I don't have the numbers yet but I bet my replies and open rates are doubled. We left ADP which we had to use our own email servers and the system was server based as with Autobase.

If you have any specific questions, I would be glad to answer. Also do a search on this forum, ADM and Kain. I recently did a lot of searching for Elead clients and I found a few. In fact, my demo was done from the store that recommended it on the forum. The Elead person had no idea I had already been in contact with the store he was using as an example.

We did have some trouble and there are some issue but I am much happier with it. Support is pretty good. I think it just took me finding the right person and be calm enough when I called. I can give you some good tips if you do choose them.

Now I have a question about Autobase. I have a sister store that still uses them. I have been called on to go to this store and look at the processes they have. Can you tell me if there is an easy way to "export" customer data from Autobase? Or any quick tips on a report to judge if they are using the system correctly - or at least using it?

Thanks for the information. Have you had any issues with the e-brouchures sending blank or never sending at all? This is an issue that I heard of through others. Also, does you store utilize the intergrated call traking servive through E-Leads? Any thoughts?

How easy is was it for your sales associates to learn the new program? We have an old force and my concern is that they will not be able to grasp a system more complex than Autobase.

Do you have the ability to pull your inventory over and upload pictures / video into your e-brouchures?

Autobase:

1. You can export all of your client data as many times as you would like from your server. Actually, I do it monthly b/c we need it to shoot out an external newsletter. I will get back on an shoot your the steps for this as soon as I get to work this morning.

2. Using the system: The reporting through Autobase is one of its weaker spots at least for what we measure for our ILM performance. However, I would suggest pricing off the Internet Opportunity Report (leads entered 60 prior) to gather how many leads they have captured and enetered into the system by source and by person. Unfortunately, it seems as if initial response time is not calculated here, rather avg response time - but you will get an idea how long the client has waited through several communications.

Appointment Analysis: I would print this report as well, as it will give you an idea of whom is setting appointments, whether the appointment (showed, cancelled or rescheduled) - the only issue is that the sales forace actually has to actively use this portion of the tool. Garbage in garbage out. However, this report will give you an idea if anyone is using the tool to set appointments and if they are updating the system for a "show, no show, canced or reschedule."

ILM Profit Analysis: Print this report to gather an activity of how many "leads" were sold. You can run the report for any time frame that you are looking for (i.e. MTD, YTD custom reporting time). This report will provide whom has sold the vehicle and will list out front / back & total GP. This will track how many sales have been pushed through your Internet department by person.

Internet Source Report: Autobase also has reports that show which lead sources have provided leads and how many leads are coming from each source, so you can determine a ROI on those leads. I have not really found this function to be a great reporting source and try and hand calc into a ROI spreadsheet - if you would like I could share our report with you if it could help.

Autobase does have the ability to be "programmed" in terms of process implementation. I actually recommend this function if you have a process to install. The system can auto send e-mails set after a stage change and can prompt your sales people to make a call. You can even write a phone script to pop up as a reminder as to what to say during the call. I give Autobase a solid "A" in this category.

I would be more than happy to continue to discuss offline if interested.

Thanks,
Nick