• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Low Cost Live Chat Software

Yago

I tell clients all the time something to that extent. You can find someone to manage your digital media for a lot less but you will also get a lot less in return.

Your entire web identity should be looked at like it is the greatest salesperson you ever hire. Because it is.

Yago

I tell clients all the time something to that extent. You can find someone to manage your digital media for a lot less but you will also get a lot less in return.

Your entire web identity should be looked at like it is the greatest salesperson you ever hire. Because it is.

Somehow we still have a lot of dealers looking for the cheapest solution to digital needs in part because they don't value/understand/underestimate digital.

I have franchised dealers that pay $299 for their website and while I'm not saying that you should over-pay for anything in life; knowing what $299 buy you nowadays--what expectation do you have from a $300 asset to make a positive impact in your business?

As I visit clients and I present out websites I'm amazed that few people ask:

How good of a website can you make for me and how more competitive than the dealers around me?

I rather hear:

So how cheap can we get something better than what we have (with better having no definition).

Chat suffers from the same disease: No value/understand/underestimate.

So the questions for chat people should ask are:

How well trained are your people?
Can we see real example chats from a pool of dealers that we choose?
What kind of lift will I see in website contacts?
How fast do your guys answer?
How deep do they go to provide information to the client?
etc

How cheap should be the last or not even be there because if you don't buy chat to SELL MORE cars you shouldn't buy it.

Comm100 was free live chat software but now its more expensive now. Others are also free but they offer you very limited features in free version. I recommend you to use Live2Suport live chat software. Its not free and it will be chargeable $9.99/month. Free trial version is available for 15 days with full features.

Comm100 was free live chat software but now its more expensive now. Others are also free but they offer you very limited features in free version. I recommend you to use Live2Suport live chat software. Its not free and it will be chargeable $9.99/month. Free trial version is available for 15 days with full features.

Uhmmmm...

"It was free and now its more expensive", good observation.

"I recommend you to use Live2Suport live chat software", and you work for that company.

Would you at least tell us, trying t be objective, why would you recommend this company; that will be at least helpful to people reading the post. What makes this company different, unique, better than the others available (there are plenty of chats at $10).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Use Active Engage for your chat. They are the BEST hands down. We tried to do chat ourselves having my salesman do it. I tried and tried to get them to do it right and it was a no Go....Active Engage leads are over 50% of my leads on usedcarking.com. Todd Smith and his staff get the job done and do it right every time. We even have chat on our mobile site with active engage.

Reactions: 1 person
Ok,

Question: What's better than Low Cost Live Chat Software?

Answer: Free, No Cost, Hosted Auto Dealer-Specific Live Chat Software! :D

Annouced on Dealer Refresh

http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f60/...-software-their-always-free-version-2256.html

We are very happy to be able to offer this Always-Free version of our New Dealer-Specific Chat Software.

We are finally nearing the end of beta and have created a direct link for dealers to get our New Auto Dealer Chat Software Always-Free version (When you get the always-free version you automatically get a free 60 day trial of our 5 user premium pro version!). The free version will allow dealers to start chatting and proactively invite visitors to chat, it also includes use of the integrated Edmunds.com data. It was built from scratch just for Car Dealers..... Below is the link to get it free now :).

Auto Dealer Software : Carchat24.com

Let's get this thread back on par with the original topic "Low Cost Live Chat Servers".

I stumbled across this Chat Service a few weeks ago and have been messing around with it since then.

Features | SnapEngage Live Chat

They offer a $50.00 package that includes 4 users. Let's be real - that's about the right number of users for may dealers. Typically when a dealer signs up for a dealer hosted chat service, they tend to get all excited about it and before you know it, each employee (at least on the front end) are set up with their own chat account. After the initial Chat Hype wears off and the dust settles, you're left with only a handfull of your sales staff that take advantage of the service and become a [URL="http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/critiquing-live-dealer-chat-script-chat-tracks-1105.html"]dealer chatter[/URL]. This supports what I believe the 4 / $50.mo package will be enough for many/most dealers.

They have some interesting features like the ability to chat from Skye or Gtalk, Co-browsing, custom chat boxes. If you happen to be an individual sales rep that's using Highrise CRM as a personal CRM, SnapEngage offers some integration.

If you visit their website, you'll see they work with several large businesses, including Edmunds and HTC.

We just made the switch to Live Chat and I have nothing but good things to say about them. They don't brand the chat with watermarks like ActivEngage or Contact at once and it is a chat that stays static on the website while you browse, it's not a popup that closes as soon as you click on something. We just started yesterday and until now I can report a 30% increase in chat's with the same amount of traffic.

Here it is:
Auto loan & used car financing

It's on the bottom right.

Also I am currently using it with a 17-people BDC department and it is working wonders and the learning curve was much quicker since the UI is very simple and minimalistic. It is compatible with all platforms.

JohnH

Last edited: