• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Low Cost Live Chat Software

I created an openfire server in-house, we used it for awhile with our dealer websites. There's a plugin that treats chats like a queue and you can designate which users to be involved in it. It also allowed us to create a chat system within the company using Spark as the front end chat client. We still use it as inter-company communication but the chat on the web got old so we stopped using it for that.

Might be a little late posting in this thread, but we are a new vendor trying to get in front of dealerships/BDM’s. uShare.to offers the traditional online chat, like ContactAtOnce or CarChat24. Beyond text to text, we offer audio and video calls, with one click invitation and conferencing with outside parties, implemented directly into the chat widget. We also offer conversation history, file sharing, and email integration, allowing you to ride uShare.to down your whole sales pipeline. As many studies, from Accenture, Cars.com and more, have shown, putting money in to CX yields huge returns, from increased lead acquisition to improved customer satisfaction. Take a look and hopefully you’ll like what you see!

This is a great thread, wish I had joined the party earlier :D

After reviewing over 20 chat tools for a dealer group, I advised them their next chat service. They've been using it for a couple of years now.

I can say it was a tough decision, so many great tools out there.

I explain which one and why here in this quick guide for car dealerships looking for an entry-level chat service.