• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Loyalty Programs?

dreyermeister

Green Pea
Jul 6, 2012
Awards
First Name
Josh
Does anyone out there use a customer loyalty program and see results that make you want to keep it? There are a ton of seemingly outdated offerings out in the market, and a few years ago they didn't seem that they'd pay for themselves in our market. Thoughts? Thanks, team!

We've looked at it over the years and decided.. nope.
We decided to go a different route where we concentrated on making the dealer experience so much better then our competitors that bribing people to come in was obsolete. They'd want to come in. Since that decision, we've made real progress across the 50 locations and are building tools and processes every day to ensure we continue to pleasantly surprise our customers. Can always expand on this as I know its pretty 'brief' but thats been our decision and we'd never go backwards now.

We decided to go a different route where we concentrated on making the dealer experience so much better then our competitors that bribing people to come in was obsolete.

I have mixed feelings on this one.
On the one hand, when I need maintenance or service I go to my preferred dealership and you would have my business.
But with loyalty points, it's a way to cushion the blow on some larger bills - at least you're getting points towards that next required maintenance.

Different customers are going to react different ways, but I've seen some success with using it for retention, apologies (credited enough points for next oil change), etc. It comes down to implementation.

Either way, best in class service and customer care is always going to be more important.

Does anyone out there use a customer loyalty program and see results that make you want to keep it? There are a ton of seemingly outdated offerings out in the market, and a few years ago they didn't seem that they'd pay for themselves in our market. Thoughts? Thanks, team!
Here's ours: if you're a loyal sales and/or service customer you get first rights to any new inventory and won't pay a penny over MSRP.

Reactions: craigh