• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Map Views for Conversion?

Have you folks ever used Heatmaps, Visitor Movies, Web Analytics | Customer Experience Analytics by ClickTale We use it to actually observe how customers browse through our own site and it gives you some very neat data including actual browsing replays, heat maps, form funnels, and behavioural stats on your top pages. Based on this data, you can rework your landing pages to be easier to navigate, have stronger calls to actions etc.

Ed,

We're tracking down the same direction, I'm just 3 rows over to your right ;-) We're both saying tracking engagement is every bit as important as tracking conversions. It's not an "either or", both have significant importance.

I'll break ranks with you a bit on "optimizing a site to jack conversions". Don't pre-judge this exercise by my layman's description of it. When on-page optimization is done right, its a simple process that satisfies the shoppers quest for confidence.

#1). Know what's on your shoppers mind (on site and off your site).

#2). Create content and tools to address these important "in-market" questions
#3). Measure Before --Make the Change(s)-- Measure After.
#4). Review before and after stats, and repeat as needed (improve content and tools)

It amazes me that none of our web vendors is working on, or promoting on-page optimization. There is gigantic upside here. Autobytel must have began and ended it's quest to jack conversions without creativity.

It's funny how when you build the content and tools to raise conversion counts and conversion quality, all you're really doing is trying to satisfy the shopper's worries, and wouldn't you know it... walk-in sales go up too.

Joe,

You're not 3 rows to the right - you're 3 rows ahead! Damn, you're smart!

The only point I had (worth making) was not to boost emails at the expense of walk-ins and phone calls. Someone with your intelligence and savvy would never do that, but I've seen it done.

One of the largest dealer groups in the country used to take phone customers and ask them to stop talking and send an email. It was the only way the "Internet Department" got credit for the customer!