• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Martin Advertising Referral Traffic to GM Dealership Sites

Mar 21, 2012
Awards
First Name
Ryan
Does anyone know why Martin Advertising would be sending huge bursts of garbage referral traffic to a bunch of my GM dealership websites? This is the third month in a row it's happened.

It doesn't seem to be bot traffic, it's just very low quality. I'm really hoping GM isn't paying them for this traffic.

@georgenenni @brianpasch have you seen this with any of your clients?

martin.JPG

It might be a pathetic attempt at getting their brand and services noticed by dealers and their agencies or what you said, GM hiring them. I used to weed / filter their traffic out of reports <or> classified them as Tier One (partner) or 3PA (third party auto) in attribution classifications. Neverending finds at crap traffic...

Last edited:
Sorry @reverson just now seeing this. Need to check my DR notification settings! No, not seeing this for my GM stores.

Could they be doing a quick redirect on referral traffic to build a pixel database for remarketing?
I actually received an email back from Martin Advertising yesterday asking for a quick call to share details on the campaign they ran. It sounds like they ran an email campaign for GM dealers in Florida last month. I'm currently out of the country so won't be able to get all the details until I get back later next week.

71% of the traffic was desktop and we received 0 conversions on 5,903 visits :huh?: