1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Measure Engagement with Internet Leads

Discussion in 'CRM, ILM, and Desking Support & Best Practices' started by Steve Roessler, Jun 10, 2017.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. Steve Roessler

Steve Roessler
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Steve
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DriveCentric
    Like to get feedback to see if you agree or disagree with this topic.

Let's say your store got 700 leads and your team scheduled 105 appts (15%). Is that good? Or should we ask a question that asks how many of the 700 did we engage. This means, your customer replied to an email, text, video or we had a conversation over the phone from your sales team. If you had a 50% engagement (350 leads), would you look at the # of appts scheduled differently? That would mean your appointment / engagement would be appx 30%. My question, how do you measure your engagement with internet leads today to improve your team's performance?

Curious minds want to know.

2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. TomLaPointe

TomLaPointe
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Big Tom
    Dealer or Company Name:
    CarChat24
    Twitter Handle:
    tom-carchat24
    i think the best internet managers track appointments set and also track those that SHOWED, as well as actual sold units based on these leads / visits

4. Steve Roessler

Steve Roessler
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Steve
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DriveCentric
    I don't disagree however, wouldn't a better manager be able to coach someone if their appointment set to engagement was 30%. If you are getting engagement with an internet lead, how can we improve to 40% or 50% scheduling. Make sense? Everything else would then fall into place.

5. simpledealersuite

simpledealersuite
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Simple Dealer
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Simple Dealer Suite
    One of the things that we do is push visitor activity into your CRM.
    This way your sales people know what inventory and pages (ex: special finance) your leads looked at on your website before contacting you.
    Think of it as walking the lot with your walk-ins or at the very least paying attention to their needs

Here is an example of what that log looks like
    http://app.simpledealersuite.com//P...isitorId=3f3ae792-1181-427b-a764-cd1d7cbff820

6. Glad to see others are getting involved with providing Dealer's with data; it can be a powerful tool for sales staff and management. However, there should always be a disclaimer about these type of metrics (data); how is it compiled and when is it captured. Most likely, the data is only providing you with a snapshot of the user and not the entire picture. We, too, provide a Lead Report similar to the above. However, our reports provide the entire picture of the user and is sent directly into the CRM.

Getting to the question at hand regarding measuring engagement with leads.

My recommendation is to be as granular as possible. We do this for dealers based on an algorithm and don't want to spill the secret sauce. Dealers normally see an increase in appointments by 23%.

7. Chris Leslie

Chris Leslie
    Expand Collapse
    Jr. Refresher

First Name:
    Chris K
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Heinrich Auto Group
    Twitter Handle:
    @chriskleslie
    This is something I started doing a while back because I knew there was a better way to look at this info. Since we use dealersocket I am able to create documents and attach those docs to a campaign with triggers a long the way. I will then create a business rule that allows certain web tracking codes like website or 3rd party to auto enroll in the campaign and then re-direct the not so good leads into a different campaign. Things like handraisers.

I then will use those same auto emails and create templates for the reps to use.

I have the ability to run reports looking at the campaign as a whole as well as running a template results report. Once you can tell what the real engagement numbers are on the good leads you can start working through changing the language of templates or scripts. Possibly introducing media items etc.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Steve Roessler

Steve Roessler
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Steve
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DriveCentric
    @Chris@Chris Great info Chris. What is the engagement you see with your email responses back? I like that you can monitor the effectiveness of your emails to change it up. Very smart. Do you also monitor texting replies and phone too for coaching one on one with your team? If you have any numbers, do you mind sharing April and May data?

9. Carluminati

Carluminati
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Chris
    Twitter Handle:
    buffalonissan
    Hey Steve! Glad to be back on Dealer Refresh and to see you active here!! I'm not sure what the perfect appointment ratio is, I have heard as high as 60% and everything else in between, but as long at the close ratio is about 15% - you are good. Right??!!!

One of the ideas I'm considering is to offer chat / messaging directly within the email. To stimulate the conversation and pony up a higher degree of engagement. We have a new partner and I was thinking of a link like this one [ Click here for 24/hr chat or book a test drive without a human https://mbnissan.drift.com/chriskivi ].

We've pretty much ALL existed doing Phone & Email follow up but I'm curious if Messaging options inside our responses and I general on our websites might lead to a higher conversion rate? I've been listening to the pros, eyes wide, but I too am convinced a deeper level of engagement directly with the customer, loosens them up, establishes some trust, and is the key to better numbers at the end of the month.

Do we create an "open door" for the customer to reply, ask a question, probe, and book an appointment for a test drive without having to reply to an email or by picking up the phone? I think it can't hurt.

We are still working out the details, but the challenge I have seen is reaching people in a timely manner on the phone, and you're lucky if they reply to an email, but I think we need another tool like chat / messaging and offer that inside the email follow up to buttress our efforts in converting these leads better than we are.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alexander Lau

Alexander Lau
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Alex
    Twitter Handle:
    autostride
    If your closing rate is anywhere near 15% you're probably doing your job correctly.

Conversica has been known to increase closing rates for dealers. I made recommendations for a dealer to use it and it increased their closing rates by 5% (that's pretty big). Tools like this should help your overall sales process.

Sales: https://www.conversica.com/industry...net-lead-management-software-email-automation
    Service: https://www.conversica.com/industry-automotive-car-dealership-service-software-email-automation

11. Steve Roessler

Steve Roessler
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Steve
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DriveCentric
    @Carluminati@Carluminati Hey buddy.... Good to hear from ya. 15% is Great! I know you do video and that most certainly helps your numbers. Based on your info, are you texting? I see about 300% increase of customers communicating back in the CRM with text. Looking to just have a discussion about how to get "more at bats" with customers if you can drive a higher engagement.

@Alexander Lau@Alexander Lau AI has great stats to your point. It's really a game changer in enhancing the customers experience when leveraged correctly in the process.