• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Methods To Increase Mobile Website Conversion

csabatka1

Boss
Jan 7, 2013
First Name
Chad
I understand mobile website conversion is extremely difficult to accurately calculate, but my goal is to increase the measurable conversion rate of our mobile users - phone calls, chats, and form submissions. When I first took over designing, developing, and marketing our website in Feb 2012 our mobile traffic was 15.5% of our total traffic. Currently, we are sitting at 39.3% of our total traffic are mobile users. Our mobile users tend to just be shoppers and never submit any information or call the dealership.

What methods have you used to help increase measurable mobile user conversion? I just rolled out was an anchored Click To Call, Click To Chat via Text, and a Directions button set at the bottom of the mobile site. I'm working on redesigning the VLP and VDP with greater call to actions, but easier to use.

Has anyone looked into or have used GeoTargeted layouts, designs, or in site ads for on lot or within short distances to the dealership?

I rolled out a SMS Text Chat feature last night and we set at least 2 appointments and maybe 1 sold from Text Chat from the mobile site.

Any other ideas out there?