• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Mitsubishi Dealer Advertising Program - FUN?

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
MITSUBISHI MOTORS REGIONAL DEALER ADVERTISING PROGRAM

I scrapped this from the Mitsubishi Dealer Advertising Program. It's always interesting to read the rules around the OEM dealer advertising programs. And as we have been seeing, the manufacturers are getting more and more strict on what we can do with our digital/online marketing.

Search Engine Advertising

- Dealers may purchase search engine keywords for their dealership website.
- Dealers are not to purchase generic Mitsubishi terms such as Mitsubishi, Mitsubishi Vehicles, Mitsubishi Eclipse as this will put you in price competition with MMNA.

Dealers can purchase those words IF they are combined with the dealership name OR the immediate zip code/geographic area of the dealership area (e.g. ABC Mitsubishi Eclipse / Mitsubishi Cars 90004 / Charlotte Mitsubishi Dealer)

- No keywords pertaining to Used Cars or other manufacturers are eligible for co-op reimbursement.
- Dealers cannot purchase keywords related to competing Mitsubishi dealership names.
- Parts and Service keywords are not eligible.

What do you think??

We sell about 60+ (mitsubishi) units average per 30 days so I'm gonna hold my tongue. About 80% of Mitsubishi buyers are sub-prime and the rest are shopping the EVO vs. WRX.

The new Outlander Sport is pretty cool tho.

Let's see what the others have to say....:rofl:

From the manufacturer perspective i can see how they would think this makes sense. Why compete with dealers who have the same end game in mind BUT i think they're missing the big picture. Those PPC conversions (from what I've been told) are usually closer to the bottom of the funnel and are more in need of a dealer then the OEM, lowering their click through and raising their cost per click, especially if competing against a dealer who puts up a relevant ad for a Mitsubishi Galant - obviously my car of choice.

I'd put up ads and play dumb ;)

Missing the boat on parts and service!