• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Monthly Percentages

I have a quick question for the experts here. I tried to do a search on here but all I could find is old data. I want to know how my Toyota store compares to National averages. Any imput would be appreciated. Here are my stats:

Internet: 16% Leads/Shown
35% Shown/Sold
6% Leads/Sold

Phone: 40% Leads/Shown
31% Shown/Sold
13% Leads/Sold

My team are just appointment setters. We have no contact with the customer after they come in for their appointment. My feeling is that our leads to show are good but once we get them in the door we can't sell them. Is that what these numbers tell you?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Wow! These numbers are very poor. Question: What contact lead system do you have in place? How do you arrive at these numbers?

Wow! These numbers are very poor. Question: What contact lead system do you have in place? How do you arrive at these numbers?

We use Reynolds and Reynolds. I appreciate your input and I would always like to be better but when Joe Pistell (someone whom I respect) says that they are pretty good and you say they are very poor, I'm not sure how to take it. I agree. Our sold numbers compared to leads is VERY poor. But, are we getting them in the door at an acceptable rate? Like I said, I always want them to be even better.

Rand,

On what basis do you say these are "very poor". Please establish yourself and your findings.

Joe,

To answer your question, I base it on over 5000 hours of research and study of the automotive lead generation process over the last five years. Also overstating it in order to elicit a response from Ryan and others to see the reaction to my evaluation. "Enter doubting and you come out with knowledge." I don't trust the numbers especially now that I have seen what lead management system he uses.

Joe,

To answer your question, I base it on over 5000 hours of research and study of the automotive lead generation process over the last five years. Also overstating it in order to elicit a response from Ryan and others to see the reaction to my evaluation. "Enter doubting and you come out with knowledge." I don't trust the numbers especially now that I have seen what lead management system he uses.

Don't trust as in too high or too low? I'm not a big fan of Rey Rey though and we have one more year left with them.

We use Reynolds and Reynolds. I appreciate your input and I would always like to be better but when Joe Pistell (someone whom I respect) says that they are pretty good and you say they are very poor, I'm not sure how to take it. I agree. Our sold numbers compared to leads is VERY poor. But, are we getting them in the door at an acceptable rate? Like I said, I always want them to be even better.

Ryan,

I wasn't being specific to a certain part of your numbers. I was referring to ALL your numbers as you presented them. Very poor... not VERY poor. ;) I would rate them currently, on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being VERY BEST, a 2 especially since you told me you were using Rey & Rey. I base it solely on my past experience with analyzing other emarketing and internet lead management sources. You just can't trust numbers like you presented them without enough facts to give an accurate appraisal. Joe Pistell may know much more about the data you have than I do. I do like the cap Joe is wearing on his home page.

Joe,

OhGreatOverstatingPersonWhomWishesToBringAttentiontoHimselfDood,

Your 5,000 hours of research and study is a part time job (5000/260 weeks = 19.2 hours per week). Ryan and most of us here have 15,600 hours in the research and study of the automotive lead generation process in that same period.

To add to your puzzling reply, you say your expertise is in "lead generation process". Lead generation take place outside the dealership, Ryan's issues are internal.

So, come out from your veil and stop the voodoo speak and "
Please establish yourself and your findings."

Reactions: 1 person
OhGreatOverstatingPersonWhomWishesToBringAttentiontoHimselfDood,

Your 5,000 hours of research and study is a part time job (5000/260 weeks = 19.2 hours per week). Ryan and most of us here have 15,600 hours in the research and study of the automotive lead generation process in that same period.

To add to your puzzling reply, you say your expertise is in "lead generation process". Lead generation take place outside the dealership, Ryan's issues are internal.

So, come out from your veil and stop the voodoo speak and "
Please establish yourself and your findings."

Goodness Joe... is that post really necessary here? What's with the tone? You owe both myself and all members of this forum an apology in my opinion.

Regarding my stating "lead generation process" I meant to say, "lead management process" instead. I also think that this thread does have much to do with lead generation and that it DOES take place both INSIDE and OUTSIDE the dealership. So I respectfully disagree.

My reply was to Ryan specifically and I did not mean to do anything but HELP him and become more involved in the discussion. The rating I gave was based on the numbers, all of the numbers not just part as I tried to explain to Ryan in my reply.

I have known Jeff since he started this forum back in early 2006 I think. He has always been kind and considerate to me. I will update my profile on this forum soon to "establish" myself but only because Jeff asked me to do so. I will address your "research and study" comments in another thread and reply to Ryan with more information regarding my rating.