• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

My Rant about DealerInspire.

I used to have the shortcodes readily available and would have been happy to share, but we've since completely migrated off Dealer Inspire and over to Dealer.com groupwide...

My advice - ask support to create a page for your most advanced use case (one that would require a comprehensive list of shortcode parameters). Then you should be able to gain a good understanding of the shortcode parameter format by looking at the page they created.
That's interesting you went from Dealer.com to Dealer Inspire. I started at our group just over three years ago and about two months in "we" made the change from Dealer.com to Dealer Inspire. I was too new and was far removed from the decision to have any insights as to why, but I presume cost was a key driver. The few times I had to work with their support or our Performance Manager it was pleasant.

That's a good idea to scheme up a complicated page to get the information I'd like..

I used to have the shortcodes readily available and would have been happy to share, but we've since completely migrated off Dealer Inspire and over to Dealer.com groupwide...

My advice - ask support to create a page for your most advanced use case (one that would require a comprehensive list of shortcode parameters). Then you should be able to gain a good understanding of the shortcode parameter format by looking at the page they created.

Are you able to share why? I'm asking because I'm working on a project now with a new approach to dealer sites. I know DI didn't use Algolia to its potential, but I find Dealer.com sites to suffer from "bit rot". But I do realize Dealer.com has strong ad support.

Are you able to share why? I'm asking because I'm working on a project now with a new approach to dealer sites. I know DI didn't use Algolia to its potential, but I find Dealer.com sites to suffer from "bit rot". But I do realize Dealer.com has strong ad support.
Trust me, two years ago I would have balked at the idea of switching to Dealer.com. We were eager to move our Ford store off their platform and onto Dealer Inspire where the rest of our sites were.

Fast forward two years, and I’ve developed a newfound respect for the DDC platform. It’s rock solid, like a tank - things don’t just break randomly, and onboarding is a breeze. Their mobile SRP and VDP's are among the best in the industry. They also have some impressive new designs coming out at NADA.

Dealer Inspire was a great partner of ours for nearly a decade, and there’s a good chance we’ll eventually go back. As vendors grow and scale, there’s a cyclical nature to it. Sometimes what’s old becomes new again.

Is DDC perfect? No. But is any OEM approved website provider really?

(PS: We don't use DDC for dig-ad)