• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Need some help with compensation

Jon thanks for your input. Those are all helpful suggestions. Determining the floor starting point would be crucial and I have only one years worth of data as a guide. Curious as to why the per unit bonus would be based on the entire sales department(s) and not just internet production as I would have less control over the total number of sold units. What is your thinking behind that?

Jon thanks for your input. Those are all helpful suggestions. Determining the floor starting point would be crucial and I have only one years worth of data as a guide. Curious as to why the per unit bonus would be based on the entire sales department(s) and not just internet production as I would have less control over the total number of sold units. What is your thinking behind that?
This is to avoid the typical fighting that occurs over the counting of deals for the internet dept. Overall your departments #1 goal is to improve the customers experience. This extends to all customers as they receive the groups communications.

To think of it another way, when you optimize the website, emails, merchandising process etc. the goal should be to drive traffic directly to the store(s).

The final justification is that your department should increase overall business. Its not ok if the Internet department beats its chest claiming total victory when group sales are down. This keeps your department focused on all aspects of variable performance.