• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Need Technical or Business help? Ask kcar, kcar knows all!

kcar,

re: SEO

Here's a few unsolved SEO puzzles that are on my todo list. I need some help:

1. I'd like your thoughts on the importance of site architecture*.
  2. I am especially interested in your thoughts of faceted navigation (its all the rage!). Especially helpful would be how to get feedback to optimize path specific faceted navigation (i.e. SUV > AWD > Price??)
  3. Have you seen any examples of an auto dealer web vendor using Schema.org microdata? We're missing the "Rich Snippet" train!
  4. Car dealers have a catalog site, It's ecommerce site with no checkout. Duplicate content is everywhere. A bot's time to crawl a site is not infinite (aka "Crawl budget").
    1. Have you been in GA webmasters tools to prevent Google from crawling dupe pages (i.e. URL sort by prices). If so, what did you find? If not, why not?
    2. In your opinion, how should website vendors conquer this problem at the site level? Use “canonical†tags or should they just be blocked?

* Please talk about where we're at in the site architecture evolution(relative to other industries).

Kcar,

You are 1st to ATTACK OTHERS. Your opinion of yourself gets you in trouble. Time to redeem yourself and help our community. I know you like SEO and I could really use some help.

You claim you know SEO, show our community your skills, show us your examples... ANSWER THE ABOVE.

Reactions: 2 people
kcar,

It's time for you to put up or shut up. How would you leverage the new Edmunds API?

Joe, don't even waste your breath with kcar. Reading his posts, everyone knows he's an idiot. Probably some punk kid who hasn't learn how to run a business yet. When he said send your jobs overseas to get it done cheaper, I almost threw up in my mouth. Do you know how many companies I know that got F**K over by Indian programmers? YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR.

Do you know how many companies I know that got F**K over by Indian programmers? YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR.

and that is specially true for the car biz. Pehaps it works for companies that need some programr eworked, code checked, etc but in the car biz where things need to be 100% functioning at all times the Indian experience (with all due respect to the hardworking Indians out there!) just doesn't cut it. You need people that live in this market to understand and build for this market.