• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New Car Inventory Pricing Strategy ?

Rick, I have always believed that iron is iron and frustrated that vAuto didn't have a program for new cars. Their explanation was that all of the different types of incentives made this impossible. Honestly, I didn't buy that excuse back then.
I remember pricing new cars was pretty controversial a few years ago. I know that it took me a full day to price my inventory and even more time throughout the month making sure that I remained competitive.

You could use TrueCar. After all, 99.9% of the buying services use Zag (aka Truecar),

I select Honda Civic Sedan LX-AT - If you pay attention to the non highlighted " Unusually Low Price Less than $17,906 "

That could be a gauge for your internet price.

Currently my dealership is quoting net net deals on most Civic's & Accords.

In order to get some front end gross, salespeople ( like myself) hope to hold back on a trade or make money on the back end.

Does quoting net net sell more cars ? So far this month I can't see an uptick in traffic ( internet shows).

You could use TrueCar. After all, 99.9% of the buying services use Zag (aka Truecar),

I select Honda Civic Sedan LX-AT - If you pay attention to the non highlighted " Unusually Low Price Less than $17,906 "

That could be a gauge for your internet price.

Currently my dealership is quoting net net deals on most Civic's & Accords.

In order to get some front end gross, salespeople ( like myself) hope to hold back on a trade or make money on the back end.

Does quoting net net sell more cars ? So far this month I can't see an uptick in traffic ( internet shows).

Dan, We do Honda's as well and in our area we have to be at net on almost every vehicle online. We have competitors quoting online with out destination so it starts to become a d*$% show for the most part. So I agree with you, for us even being at Net hasn't changed anything. We hope to hold back on a trade and also back end too as well. And push our reputation and reviews online as much as we can to show that we provide a great buying experience.