1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

New car listing site?

Discussion in '3rd Party Leads and Automotive Classifieds Website' started by milehimike, Mar 14, 2015.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. craigh

craigh
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Craig
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Vicimus Inc
    Twitter Handle:
    craighooghiem
    I like that the #1 item was MP3 - if people understood what that meant I don't think it would be anywhere near #1.
    iPod and Bluetooth make perfect sense.
    Tires seems like one of those things that people only select when it's presented to them as an option - haven't looked at the source though.

Great information either way.

2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. milehimike

milehimike
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Mike
    Dealer or Company Name:
    st hills and company
    @Chris Leslie@Chris Leslie,
    I tend to agree with what Joe mentioned in this regard. Increasing conversion rate among existing shoppers might be the way to go.

In terms of getting shoppers to buy more often, individual dealerships should attempt that by keeping in touch with their customers. "tempt" them by bringing them in to the dealership more often. (I am talking going beyond just phone calls / greeting cards....more like Free food, parties, golf/poker tournaments with sponsored prizes + test drives etc., or snag 'em during service visits with the latest model car). I am not sure an industry outsider can come up with such a tool.

FWIW, I am working on a prototype. Goal is to get something up and running for <$2000. I am still stuck trying to get a meaningful domain name. Every name I could think of....and I thought of a few 100, has been taken. Some interesting domains (that are simply parked) are asking much as $10,000.

I know most of you think this is an exercise in futility....but if you have a name to suggest, I would be most grateful.

4. craigh

craigh
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Craig
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Vicimus Inc
    Twitter Handle:
    craighooghiem
    Vehykl.com

• Like Like x 3
  5. yagoparamo

yagoparamo
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Yago
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerEProcess
    Twitter Handle:
    yagoparamo

haha true!

So there are a few notches that have been filled up in the last few years (CraigsList, CarGurus, TrueCar) but these have been very, very few and with large amounts of--social need/luck, brain power/experience, check book/exclusive partnerships.

Have those opportunities dried up or are there more to exploit and what it takes?

There are dozens of them trying: Matt Koening is trying the Hispanic market in his zone of influence for example.

And there are hundreds that failed: Check out nwautos.com, owned by the Seattle Times, they have 21 accounts probably free (they advertise in the paper).

• Like Like x 2
  6. Alexander Lau

Alexander Lau
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Alex
    Twitter Handle:
    autostride
    Reminds me of this 'A Day Without Immigrants' malarkey.

7. Alexander Lau

Alexander Lau
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Alex
    Twitter Handle:
    autostride
    Looks like that model died.
    now... https://auto.live