• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New Car Photos - Stats and Ideas

Lack of focus, suspect the camera. Taken with cell phone?

Joe, they use a service. They are so proud of those pictures, I didn't want to say anything. They spent ten grand getting that area ready.

Those are two colors that should pop. They are stunning compared to the plane vanilla vehicles.

If you are in the car business and want to sell cars online you should be taking pics of every car you want to sell whether or not its new or used...Plain and simple! Why wouldn't you????

Aren't you amazed that we are still having this discussion? On DealerRefresh, this is like teaching phonics to doctoral candidates.

A little update on this and some long term tracking....

Large market domestic dealer:
Domestic.jpg

Large market import dealer:
Import.jpg

I want to point out that we EXCLUDE internal traffic - so these numbers do not include salespeople looking at our cars online.

While we see a huge increase in the VDP/NCS (which is my main indicator) at the domestic dealer, the import dealer is only slightly/marginally improved.

Thoughts? Ideas? Anything else in the numbers that someone would like to comment on?