• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Newest CRM thoughts

I'm new here and I would like to 1st say that it is great to see adedicated group of people with a common goal in relation to CRM. Myfeeling is that any company you pay should cater to your needs. Find aCRM solution that is willing to work for you. Don't let a company comein and tell you, "Well this worked for ABC Honda it will work for youtoo"... WRONG! Every dealership will have common goals and needs butthat doesn't mean they all should have the same Ron Popiel "Set it andForget it" Software solutions. We are still a relatively small CRMcompany but the blessing in this is that we can really digest the veryfact that every dealership needs a customized solution that needs to beconstantly monitored and tweaked to fit the climate and trends of theirunique market. The biggest gripe I hear in the field is our vendor setit up told us this that and the other and now it takes 3 weeks to getin touch with the guy. The account management is horrible and if theyset up a contract long term or Manufacturer forced solution then itsalmost nightmarish. My suggestion is to shop and not just the largesolutions look at smaller CRM companies too. they don't haveadvertising budgets like larger CRM companies primarily because theyhave to charge 1/2 of what the larger companies charge to get theirfoot in the door. 2nd make sure you compare apples to apples... whatdo they offer and what will the other company offer. 3, please do callreferences... Ask the rep to login to his data base of clients and tellhim at that point that you are going to pick 10 dealers from thatdatabase to call for references. Don't let them pick the kick-backcrew to give you glowing praise. 4th, make sure the company will adaptor are willing to work with you on problems or concerns you face in thedealership... Here is a tip... The salesman can't tell you this... andyou should ask to speak to the CTO or CEO hopefully both. If you tellthem about your needs and they say they will work on a fix you can betthey very well intend to do so. Otherwise their name would already bemud in the industry if they were full of broken promises. I hope thiswas useful.