• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

No more IMG tag on Craigslist

Automated systems are #$@%!

Is this an opportunity for Autotrader to gain usiness back?

Is this an opportunity for those that push forward on CL so they keep their positioning as others drop?
I think it's an opportunity for anyone that goes full-tilt-white-hat; we were almost there (Picasa Web Albums for the main photo), but switching that is nothing but a little tedium. Fortunately, their image upload is reasonably quick.

Saw this today. Crazy!

Though title is a little misleading. Should be "Soon to be .. [Title]"
We've already seen a little flagging of the old-style posts, none of the CL-image-uploaded. There is no "soon to be", it's here.

We are back to the way it was 5 years ago. Nothing new.

Wait until the captcha is back.
Since posting to Craigslist is already fairly involved now compared to AT/Cars.com, bring on the captcha!

I think it's an opportunity for anyone that goes full-tilt-white-hat; we were almost there (Picasa Web Albums for the main photo), but switching that is nothing but a little tedium. Fortunately, their image upload is reasonably quick.

We've already seen a little flagging of the old-style posts, none of the CL-image-uploaded. There is no "soon to be", it's here.

Since posting to Craigslist is already fairly involved now compared to AT/Cars.com, bring on the captcha!

Agreed,

the dealers sticking to it are getting more leads than before when everyone was blasting the system with hundreds of auto ads.

They should just use "new" style captcha's from minteye or games from areyouhuman.

Reactions: 1 person
This will really hinder the ability to post multiple ads wont it?
We've always just posted to our local site as Craigslist intended, but then we're also right in the middle of that area.

As for multiple ads for the same cars in the one site, I've always considered that plain lazy. Log into your account and renew them; it was designed that way!

In either case, I think Craigslist is making it very clear that it's their house, their rules.