• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

No more IMG tag on Craigslist

Thank Good! Alex was fearing that you were going to take on DDC business.

Nice attempt at humor Yago. I wasn't the one who moderated his post anyway - just trying to defend the person who was doing exactly what they should be doing. This thread is way off topic now. If anyone has further remarks, I'm happy to discuss those via Private Message.

Back to Craigslist.....

Back to Craigslist.....
Soy-tenly!

Some thoughts on the lay of the land:

1) The bottom-right listing there currently wins the battle for noticeability; click it and you get an embedded-image posting (the sort that's going away). No way that's sustainable, though. (I know we were getting flagged off for them months ago, when this whole thing started!)

Screen shot 2013-07-11 at 9.38.51 AM.jpg

2) How long until Craigslist bans URLs entirely? Does it then become a battle of QR codes, or a battle of getting the phone call? With mobile the way of the future, I'm betting on the latter; you can't (really) scan a QR code on your own screen!

3) This map view makes it entirely too easy to flag out-of-local-area postings. How long until Craigslist clamps down on that, or just warps those postings to the correct site and the in-towners never see them?

Screen shot 2013-07-11 at 9.45.11 AM.jpg