• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Online Appointment Conversion KPI - XTime

This is extremely bad. People drop off when they can’t find what their looking for.
Recently Ontario VW shared with me their google analytics on their combined web and mobile appointments. The results were 354 attempts and 349 completions. This equates to a 0.98% drop off rate.
If you make the user experience easy customers will use it.
Take a look at CARMEN
www.getcarmen.com

I was really hoping when CDK launched Fortellis at NADA that some innovative companies would come out with new service schedulers because the industry's current selection is pretty bad.

It's like they've all made their UI / UX purposely confusing and difficult for consumers to use. I provided PSD mockups to CDK a couple years ago showing how they could easily redesign their scheduler to make it convert better but of course they never acted on it. Not sure if XTime would be any more responsive, just look how many years it took them to finally send events into Google Analytics.
I'd be interested in those mock ups... just saying. Always interested in additional input for our own nefarious purposes :)

Reactions: JDHigginbotham
This is extremely bad. People drop off when they can’t find what their looking for.
Recently Ontario VW shared with me their google analytics on their combined web and mobile appointments. The results were 354 attempts and 349 completions. This equates to a 0.98% drop off rate.
If you make the user experience easy customers will use it.
Take a look at CARMEN
www.getcarmen.com
I'll try and sit through the whole video. They are pretty darn excited :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8axl1RBkWoo

I'll try and sit through the whole video. They are pretty darn excited :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8axl1RBkWoo

What did we think @Todd Thompson ?

Let's set the HSN pitch of AI assistance being differentiated aside for a second.

The areas of the journey they are targeting seem worthy, but I have questions on the "on-ramp" to get to the the web app they built.

Their "multi-channel" tag seems to just point to a link that takes you to the next step...which is fine....but would love to hear a dealer/programmer perspective on this as a template you would build on.

I know of one company that has/is working on this now. And in the interest of full disclosure, I am about to have a vested financial interest. The problem with XTime, and every other website service that uses iFrames, is how to properly track their behavior. XTime will install your GA code and report events in GA, but they are not tied to sources/behaviors like other GA conversions. Note, you may have to talk to several layers of support at XTime until you finally reach the right person. Don't give up, they will do it no problem.

The technical issue is to have these companies install your additional tracking script as part of their service. If I understand it correctly, you need to pass the GA data to the tracking script so it can associate it with the events it tracks and then write it all back to GA via the data layer. It's not easy and each service provider has to cooperate to make it happen.

It gets even more complicated if there are nested iFrames/scripts involved, which can vary depending on whether or not your website is an OEM approved website, the OEM involved and how the OEM is taking this data.

This product is still in beta and under development, but if you want to contact me I'll be more than happy to hook you up if you'd like to participate.

[email protected] or 949.910.0421.
I'd be happy to evaluate it, even screenshots etc.

Well, your conversion rates are definitely noteworthy! Achieving a 24% conversion rate on desktop and 14% on mobile is commendable, and an 84% show rate on all booked appointments is quite impressive.
It's frustrating when platforms like XTime don't offer much in terms of improving these metrics. I've faced similar challenges in the past, with platforms lacking support for optimization. Exploring options like the startup KPI dashboard might offer fresh perspectives and strategies to further enhance those booking rates.

It's frustrating when platforms like XTime don't offer much in terms of improving these metrics. I've faced similar challenges in the past, with platforms lacking support for optimization. Exploring options like the startup KPI dashboard might offer fresh perspectives and strategies to further enhance those booking rates.
Great article!

• Hilarious
Reactions: jscole86