• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Organic Google Search Results and Social

Stefan, thanks for the video.

Google has been offering personalized searches when logged into your account for sometime now. They introduced the "Social Search" in 2009 but just recently started to integrate their "Social Search" into the mix when you are of course logged into our Google account.

You bring up a great question on the "You Shared" - Here is Googles answer...

"We’ve made Social Search more comprehensive by adding notes for links people have shared on Twitter and other sites. In the past, we’d show you results people created and linked through their Google profiles. Now, if someone you’re connected to has publicly shared a link, we may show that link in your results with a clear annotation (which is visible only to you, and only when you’re signed in)."

Google has also added the option of connecting your accounts.

Here is a video from Google that explains more of this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jeff... this is the first time I noticed it in my market (about 500k people) ... and I wanted to share. I am still fighting old school ... I still have to explain why pictures and descriptions are important ... When I mention reviews, social or blogs people look at me like I speak Russian...