• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Orphaned Owners

Another key element is that orphaned lists were created in the 90s to 00s before dealerships considered the difference between a marketing qualified lead and a sales qualified lead. So everyone was just considered a sales qualified lead and blasted.

As a prior customer they are in the middle so you can be personal but you can't just start selling a car or ask to come in the dealership without first giving them a reason why. From a sales person's perspective they want to talk to warm SQLs not cold MQLs. Alex already hit on tactics for this, audience based campaigns really shine here and after the customer identifies themselves they pass into SQL and the new sales person can roll.
I know you're not going to believe me, because I'm a car salesperson, but I'm really not even worried about it from a selling or lead standpoint. That's more of a secondary benefit.

Are you talking about the ecommerce product in the basket that nobody goes back to buy?

That. was a trendy thing because developers were worried that something went wrong.

IF my sales agent quit and I like the car, I'll be back.
if they quit and I don't call, don't answer - there isn't much you can do besides wash my car to get me back.

The old days of getting shamed at your local community event for not buying from the local dealer isn't like it used to be.