• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Our Locations on Google Places were merged and now they aren't?

re Tags:
Same finding. Not killers numbers, but what the heck it's $25 a month!!! NOTE: The CTR on tags will go into the toilet when everyone else piles on. Get it now and enjoy the visibility advantage while you have it.

re WIDE Service Area:
Did the same as you, found no measurable changes. I may reset it back to default soon.

I also have done them same with a dealer, (50 miles) and didn't see any changes. Not sure if it hurts or not. If the Places pages is getting decent traffic I am always afraid that any changes are going to somehow bite me in the ass.

I'm having a similar problem...I have two listings one for my Buick GMC Dealership and one for my RV/Boat store. Different name, address, website, phone #, etc...

About once every three months Google merges the two listings. I have tried to contact Google, complete joke... :banghead:

Advice?

Blake, if you ever successfully contact Google to fix something with Google Maps/Places, I will buy you a drink, no, make that all your drinks! Nothing gives me more frustration than Google Places, and with such a significant amount of emphasis given by Google to the Google Places listings, you would think they would have a better system in place to address issues such as this.

Blake and Jesse - In order to get rid of merged listings you have two options:

a) Claim and delete any duplicate or remotely similar listings to your business.

b) Build citation data that separates the two businesses if you own both of them.

I can't go into this further because its a relatively complicated process but I will leave you reading material for both A and B

A - Google Maps: How to Remove Duplicate Records in the Local Business Center | Understanding Google Maps & Local Search

B - 20 Local SEO Citation Sources for the United States | Powered by Search

I was just off the phone with a Google Places rep and confirmed what Dev has posted here. He also pointed out an easy to overlook link to report issues. Of course you're at the mercy of Google for then your issue gets resolved.

The link is located on your dealers Google Places page..

google_places_reportissue.jpg

This is a blessing.

Let me explain why.

1-) Local business searches will give you 2 spots. That being said, one less competitor business listing and link to their place page. There is a limit on per page search results...

2-) If you are using a review page in finance department, (This is actually legal. You can post these reviews where ever you want because of the consent customers sign.) you have right to post those reviews on both place pages (Double work on google's manual end.). Automated when it comes to importing from other review sites.

3-) 2 Place pages gives you double the amount of tags, keywords, pictures, etc. and display in a wider area range. You can even push this to the next level and use 2 different 1-800 numbers (If you have any) and find out which one has more trafic to adjust your Lot.

4-) Google place tags! and double broadcast. You can now use 2 of them! All advertisement choices we have applies to certain % of customers... Get your hands on the rest of them.

I was the director of a big dealership chain and managed to seperate 3 different lot places with different addresses. Here are the results.

Here are the sales numbers along with
Website traffic Unique visitors

JAN (They had a different director)
3560 Visitors, 291 Leads, 15% closing ratio, Front $12261, Back $23271 Total Gross 35532

FEB (They fired the director from JAN and got another one)
4065 Visitors, 247 Leads, 19% closing ratio, Front $34535, Back $47367 Total Gross 81902

MAR
(First 2 weeks of MAR they didn't have an Internet Director, Second half I started to work and seperated 3 Lots on Google Places, now check out the numbers after March 15.)

5719 Visitors, 130 Leads first half, 204 Leads second half, 334 Total Leads.
Front $37079, Back $53712, Total Gross 90791

APR (Shit hits the fan. :)
6394 Visitors, 490 Leads, %12 Closing Ratio, Front $63,324 , Back $56073, Total Gross $119,397

MAY (First 9 days of the month)
1867 Visitors (Was Tracking well over 8200 Visitors due to business increase at the time and changes we made on the online apprearance
157 Leads , 9% Closing ratio (Don't forget, It's only the first 9 days of the month.),
Front $28202 (At this point we were heavily focusing on online image, double reviews, tags building value on the dealership and vehicles.) Redirect the customers to value and show them Internet is just another door to get to your dealership, not a negotiating table.
Back $16978 (Our finance wasn't doing a bad job.. It was going up front grosses.)
Total $45,179 (Any of you how to prepare forecast reports, do the math. It's $178,457.05 tracking)

I don't have the data after that point. Got fired because of driving a Mustang GT 45 on a 35 zone. Didn't even get a ticket, It was the CFO's neighbor saw me and send an e-mail to the Dealer. Ofc the excuse was "Poor performance" from management's end. :lmao:

So after all this data.. Keep them seperate and put some work into them.

Forgot to add,

Special thanks to Dealersocket, Edmunds.com Premier dealer program, Cars.com (If you use it right, I believe it's the best tools out there. Right postings, comments, and their chat tool.), ActivEngage, and All Social Media sources and our customized digital brochures! :D

I'm having a similar problem...I have two listings one for my Buick GMC Dealership and one for my RV/Boat store. Different name, address, website, phone #, etc...

About once every three months Google merges the two listings. I have tried to contact Google, complete joke... :banghead:

Advice?

Your issue is way different. Toss me an e-mail. I can give you a direct contact that will help you.
old.Skool Open Directory friends ! :) :google: