• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

People who drink make more! Thoughts?

ewalraven

Boss
Mar 23, 2010
First Name
Delete
I've heard it many of times before and I'm sure you have as well at the local pubs with your buddies:

"Studies have shown .. If you drink you'll make more money dude .."

Ok, maybe not like this, but it came up a few times with me between friends, family, and working professionals. I guess all-in-all I would have to agree, but even though it may be true there's so many questions that can spawn of off it: Is it healthy? Are we spending the "extra money" we make on booze? Is that Monday hangover after the big game on Sunday worth it?

All-in-all I don't really mind. I'll put it out there - Yes, I drink and I think it can be beneficial at times, but it can be overdone. A couple drinks is fine given the circumstances. Heck, maybe it's a holiday weekend .. Let loose and have some fun. Have that extra drink! Some basic questions that might spark up some convo:

- Do you agree? Are most of the "white collar" people you know drinkers?
- Have you ever connected with somebody that helped you find another job or move up in your current company while drinking?
- Is it healthy to go out with the people you work with for a drink or two?

Oh - btw here's ONE of the studies that I googled quick. I was unable to get it to attach. So a link will have to do:

PDF of study:
1. Click on this link
2. At the top click on 'One-click download'

The President does it ... :D

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, when my friends at Digital Dealer are buying me shots after shots after shots, they are really trying to help me make more money? Or are they trying to get more good ideas from me? I am confused...:cry: