• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Phone and Internet lead-to-set ratio

P.S. Jerry...I almost forgot why I was replying to you in the first place...once we set the appt. we are NOT to have any further contact with the customer. So I couldn't use your unsold script. (Again, the sales guys get touchy about that..)

Although, sometimes I can't help it because customers "like" us and will call or email us.......then it never fails we get a sales guy that says "why are they calling you?" I want to say "cuz they like me better I guess" :) But I don't. hehehe

Carey,

You should be able to identify all lead sources that come into your department. That's all I am concerned about for now. Show me how many leads you get, how many appointments, how many show and sold customers. Have another column with lead type and source. Then I can see your data via Internet and Phone, plus by source. I suspect that you're spending money on a lead source that is not generating any business for you. I know this since when I go to look for calls I see no activity. We'll keep that source name private please.

Carey,

You should be able to identify all lead sources that come into your department. That's all I am concerned about for now. Show me how many leads you get, how many appointments, how many show and sold customers. Have another column with lead type and source. Then I can see your data via Internet and Phone, plus by source. I suspect that you're spending money on a lead source that is not generating any business for you. I know this since when I go to look for calls I see no activity. We'll keep that source name private please.

I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about Jerry because we don't get calls from them, however I know we've had a sale or 2 from them this month.

I just went through them all and we have had 22 leads from them this month resulting in 3 sales. They are all coming in via email....we're not getting any calls from them though.

Tima, right now for a lead to apt set % we're firing at 35%. This is based on where we are and our goals, so we can take the baby steps to get to the benchmark where I feel we need to be, which is 40%. At that, if we have the 35% show up we should be at or above what, for me, is the more important goal of +15% overall closed.

Based on the fact that 30% of all phone and internet opportunities are in the buy now mind set those are great goals for sold ratios. I try to keep our goal at 60% phone calls to be an appointment set, and 30% of all internet leads appointment set with a 50% show on both, setting a solid appointment is some times hard for sales people quick to take a "I'll be in some time today" appointment vrs asking morning or afternoon? 3:30 or 5:30? today or tomorrow ? get them to narrow down and let the customer know they will have the car pulled up and ready for them is a great way to go. No matter how many times you have to beat it into their heads lol.