• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

picture load times and Ducati for sale

Apr 7, 2009
Awards
First Name
Brian
I thought this would be a good one to demo since I manually uploaded and forced the make and model (which is a nice feature that dealer.com added-custom make and model) but my concern has been load times when I have more then 18 pics or so. Several folks have complained of load time. I spend quite a bit of time on our website and I haven't experienced that slow of load times but maybe I have it cached on my machine? If you get a chance check it out on your machine and see if you would bounce because of load times. Thanks in advance! By the way maybe I can discount Carl's Ducati Monster S4RS for you!
Used Ducati Monster, Elizabethtown, KY, Motorcycle, Swope Toyota Stock: U06982940 Louisville

I thought this would be a good one to demo since I manually uploaded and forced the make and model (which is a nice feature that dealer.com added-custom make and model) but my concern has been load times when I have more then 18 pics or so. Several folks have complained of load time. I spend quite a bit of time on our website and I haven't experienced that slow of load times but maybe I have it cached on my machine? If you get a chance check it out on your machine and see if you would bounce because of load times. Thanks in advance! By the way maybe I can discount Carl's Ducati Monster S4RS for you!
Used Ducati Monster, Elizabethtown, KY, Motorcycle, Swope Toyota Stock: U06982940 Louisville

No load time issues here - quite fast.

Thanks for checking, if you don't mind me asking what kind of machine you running? I think the issues is the machine itself some older and slower machines may have a problem with the load times. Maybe I can compress the images in that case.

Thanks for checking, if you don't mind me asking what kind of machine you running? I think the issues is the machine itself some older and slower machines may have a problem with the load times. Maybe I can compress the images in that case.

This is a hugely overlooked factor.

Within our organization we have a few different levels of hardware: Sales & Service people are on Neowares (server machines), Managers are on 2-3 year old PC's, while executive management and IT personnel are on the latest and greatest. We all share the same Internet connection - a massive fiber pipe directly linked into Cox Communications which is across the street from our main server hub. Those of us on the latest and greatest can use CRM, Checkered Flag.com, OEM portals, inventory tools, DMS, and everything else very quickly. The Neowares get bogged down when you're looking at more than 2 webpages and the manager machines were scheduled for replacement this year, but the economy killed that. The differences in load times on each level are substantial and it really boils down to how advanced the hardware is.

I get concerned for our customers that are operating in the same types of environments. We never hear complaints about our website load times from our high-line customers but we hear a few from volume-franchise buyers.