• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Pimp my Comment Generator

Uncle Joe,
Where do I start? Comments....nice, vin exploded? Videos.....killer, jealous for sure! Inventory.....huge, Kings for a reason. 400k Oldsmobile......love that added touch, a car that outlasted a franchise is sweet:lol:

Digitally "involved and beyond owner"........ great to have the knowledgeable support, tough to have the watchful eye of someone so strong.

Maybe you cats should change your name to The Used Car MONSTERS! Nice work.

HEY funny you should mention that, I was thinking of adding a few other things, but thought one thing at a time...yeah I would skip having the site name in the H1 etc.....

But is looking good, good luck!

I'm working on the Comment Gen Brian, not site architecture, but, I disagree with your H1 observation.

I'll take your bait... why not include the site name in the H1? I'm all ears. Make sure you've made the most logical and compelling and indepth reply you can, 'cuz I LOVE a STRONG challenge to my game plans (it helps me find NEW opportunities that I may not see!)

p.s. Avoid conjecture or I'll flame ya :flame:

Uncle Joe,
Where do I start? Comments....nice, vin exploded?.. .

Craig,

VIN explosions are but the first step in a mile long walk to build a Comment Generator. Here is a VIN Explosion from a 2010 Tahoe that Homenet's Vin Explosion system knew was built in LT trim and 4wd.

Homenet VIN explosion for: 2010 Chev Tahoe LT:
Locking Rear Differential, Four Wheel Drive, Trailer Hitch Receiver, Power Steering, 4-Wheel ABS, 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, Aluminum Wheels, Tires - Front All-Season, Tires - Rear All-Season, Front Tow Hooks, Full Size Spare Tire, Luggage Rack, Running Boards, Auto-On Headlights, Auto-Off Headlights, Fog Lamps, Heated Mirrors, Power Driver Mirror, Power Passenger Mirror, Heated Exterior Driver Mirror, Heated Exterior Passenger Mirror, Privacy Glass, AM/FM Stereo, CD Player, MP3 Player, Auxiliary Audio Input, Premium Sound System, Rear Seat Audio Controls, Auxiliary Pwr Outlet, Satellite Radio, Wireless Cell Phone Hookup, Power Driver Seat, Power Passenger Seat, Leather Seats, Bucket Seats, Driver Lumbar, Additional Rear Seat, Pass-Through Rear Seat, Front Floor Mats, Rear Floor Mats, Adjustable Steering Wheel, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Cruise Control, Steering Wheel Controls, Power Windows, Adjustable Pedals, Power Door Locks, Keyless Entry, Remote Engine Start, Vehicle Anti-Theft System, Rear Seat Heat Ducts, Climate Control, Dual Zone A/C, Rear A/C, Rear Defrost, Driver Vanity Mirror, Passenger Vanity Mirror, Driver Illuminated Vanity Mirror, Passenger Illuminated Visor Mirror, Front Reading Lamps, Rear Reading Lamps, Traction Control, Electronic Stability Control, Daytime Running Lights, Driver Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag On/Off Switch, Telematics, Navigation from Telematics, Rear Parking Aid, Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Gulp.

From that whirlpool of visual junk, my automatic CG creates this
Vehicle Comments:
This 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe has the excellent LT trim and also has the upgraded HD Trailer Towing Pkg! Check out these options: 6-speed automatic, assist steps, heated power mirrors, leather interior, power adjustable pedals, tri-zone hvac, bose sound system, xm radio, seating capacity-8, 3rd row seating, bluetooth, 4-wheel drive, autotrac, antilock brakes, hd trailer towing pkg, ultrasonic rear parking assist, stabilitrak, traction control, stability assist, and onstar.

When your life is full and you need space, then this pre-owned 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe may be right for you! It is very well equipped and in great condition with only 9,350 miles. Give us a call and let's take a test drive. You will love the Sheer Silver Metallic exterior paint, it looks like new and the Ebony interior looks and smells great too!

The Used Car King TV - Used 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr 1500 LTNear Syracuse, NY

It's FAR from done. I built the CG so that the 1st 125 characters to have impact on AutoTrader.com's search return page so that this Tahoe's features stand out while scanning thru the competitive AT listings. For example, I need to address the "weighting" of options. The 6 Speed auto is an option, but is NOT a hot option. I have a option weighting system to bring forward the "hotties" (i.e. Leather, Bose, 3rd Row, etc...)

Homenet has a new CG that I helped guide in it's early stages. I haven't seen it in months. I hope they nailed it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'm working on the Comment Gen Brian, not site architecture, but, I disagree with your H1 observation.

I'll take your bait... why not include the site name in the H1? I'm all ears. Make sure you've made the most logical and compelling and indepth reply you can, 'cuz I LOVE a STRONG challenge to my game plans (it helps me find NEW opportunities that I may not see!)

p.s. Avoid conjecture or I'll flame ya :flame:
Ahh Sorry then, I should have noted the intent of this thread....

I would say this, and this is how I work, and we all have different methods..What are we trying to "rank" for or bring traffic to? If people are searching for your brand, then life is good and no worries...

In your case here you have

Used Car King TV Auto Videos - Used 2010 Saturn Outlook AWD 4dr XE

as your h1 tag.....So of course used car i see there,a dn I think i see what you trying to do
I would take it to more like this maybe

but on other pages I might do this

Used 2010 Saturn Outlook AWD 4dr XE

At the end of the day it depends on what you are trying to rank for of course.

Again, is what I would want to get rankings for, and then do my link start based on that.

If you are trying to rank for a brand or your "
Used Car King TV Auto Videos"

Then you off to a good start.

I apologize again for taking your thread a different direction.

As far as the comment generator, I would make sure all end results have a difference of
size, some 5 lines, some 25, etc etc...Makes it look more human...I only state that as
a personal preference though..

Good luck again.

GREAT OBSERVATION CLIFF! I totally agree!

example: The Used Car King TV - Used 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt 4dr Sdn LT w/2LTNear Syracuse, NY

Vehicle Comments:
This 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt has the sought after LT w/2LT trim and also has the upgraded Sport Appearance Pkg! You can do it! Only $245p/mo with ZERO down*! Hot options are: traction control, bluetooth, rear spoiler, xm radio, antilock brakes, premium ride suspension, and onstar. Buying a small car like this 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt is just plain smart. Trade in that tired ol' car, you're going to get 33 MPG on the open road and with only 14,098 miles, you can expect to enjoy years of trouble free use. *Call us for more details
I like the round up idea. The CG output will read better if it said: "...you're going to get 33 MPG on the open road and with less than 15k miles, you can expect to enjoy years of trouble free use."

Should I use "15k miles" or "15,000 miles"?

Thoughts?
Joe,

1) Good morning (it's morning here).

2) For me, I would stick to text that one would expect to hear come out of the sellers mouth in a conversation. "hundred",'thousand" or "1500" or "15000" sound good. I would not expect to hear "15K" in a personal conversation that much (some other countries excepted).

3) For the option packages, you hit it right on. Now we know where those retired military cryptologist have found a second career. These designators need a lookup table to return more "human" descriptions. But the way you have it now is certainly not a "show stopper".

Let me know when you are ready for a 30,000 vehicle test.

Cliff

"Homenet VIN explosion for: 2010 Chev Tahoe LT:Locking Rear Differential, Four Wheel Drive, Trailer Hitch Receiver, Power Steering, 4-Wheel ABS, 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, Aluminum Wheels, Tires - Front All-Season, Tires - Rear All-Season, Front Tow Hooks, Full Size Spare Tire, Luggage Rack, Running Boards, Auto-On Headlights, Auto-Off Headlights, Fog Lamps, Heated Mirrors, Power Driver Mirror, Power Passenger Mirror, Heated Exterior Driver Mirror, Heated Exterior Passenger Mirror, Privacy Glass, AM/FM Stereo, CD Player, MP3 Player, Auxiliary Audio Input, Premium Sound System, Rear Seat Audio Controls, Auxiliary Pwr Outlet, Satellite Radio, Wireless Cell Phone Hookup, Power Driver Seat, Power Passenger Seat, Leather Seats, Bucket Seats, Driver Lumbar, Additional Rear Seat, Pass-Through Rear Seat, Front Floor Mats, Rear Floor Mats, Adjustable Steering Wheel, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, By the way, you will hate this Tahoe, Cruise Control, Steering Wheel Controls, Power Windows, Adjustable Pedals, Power Door Locks, Keyless Entry, Remote Engine Start, Vehicle Anti-Theft System, Rear Seat Heat Ducts, Climate Control, Dual Zone A/C, Rear A/C, Rear Defrost, Driver Vanity Mirror, Passenger Vanity Mirror, Driver Illuminated Vanity Mirror, Passenger Illuminated Visor Mirror, Front Reading Lamps, Rear Reading Lamps, Traction Control, Electronic Stability Control, Daytime Running Lights, Driver Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag On/Off Switch, Telematics, Navigation from Telematics, Rear Parking Aid, Tire Pressure Monitoring System"

This is a great thread, three new posts were added while I was typing my last post.

Let's don't understate the CG text above. It's more like GULP SQUARED.

Last edited:
Joe,

Let me know when you are ready for a 30,000 vehicle test.

Cliff

Oh no you don't! It's held together with bubble gum and duct tape! You'd blow it up! hahaha...

Actually, now you've got me thinking, its more dealer dependent. The dealer (or vendor) needs a through options gathering process (VIN Explosion alone won't do it). Once the options are harvested in the field and uploaded, it's rules based and fully self running, so # of units is not important.

=

If you are trying to rank for a brand or your "Used Car King TV Auto Videos"

Then you off to a good start.

As far as the comment generator, I would make sure all end results have a difference of
size, some 5 lines, some 25, etc etc...Makes it look more human...I only state that as
a personal preference though..

Good luck again.

You nailed it.
I am OK with trying to tie our brand to the [year make model trim] phrase. The phrase "TV Auto Videos" looks to add noise to the tag, I'll probably pull that later.

I also agree, once you read 4,5,6,7 cars you can see the patterns (aka rules) emerge. Most shoppers look at less than 3 VDPs, so I'm not stressing about this yet. Because Homenet has a totally new CG close to launch, I'll wait to see it before I commit more time to this bubble gum and duct tape Comment Generator.