• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Pissing Up A Rope SEO and 3rd Party Sites

That's your call big guy :)

We used to require the reps fill this info out in CRM. I shadowed the reps and read the shopper's body language and listened to the quality of the reply. And... many reps intuitively knew not to ask, so they just randomly chose a source.

That's your call big guy :)

We used to require the reps fill this info out in CRM. I shadowed the reps and read the shopper's body language and listened to the quality of the reply. And... many reps intuitively knew not to ask, so they just randomly chose a source.
To be honest, I listen to all inbound calls and have very rarely ever heard a tone that sounded like the customer was annoyed.

Source is an issue with all marketing. Customers just don't know.

A customer hears a radio ad 2x every day for a month.
Now their in the market for x product/service and see a billboard. They go home and go online to google.
Which is the source? Customer may say any of those things.

Years ago a dealer used a 3rd party follow-up service that asked this question.
The #1 answer was newspaper (I did say years ago).
Dealership had not put an ad in the newspaper in 5 years at that point.

So...what's the real source?

I think you could stretch a dollar in better ways. Most folks are using aggregators for price discovery and to see what the inventory is around them. Then they trickle down from there. And I think for used cars it's a no brainer. I also think it makes much more sense to have your inventory on display networks as people are spending more time on socials than they are on search and the ROI is much better.

Reactions: joe.pistell