1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Price Quoting- how do you handle it?

Discussion in 'CRM, ILM, Chat, Desking, Emails, Phone, SMS' started by Alex Snyder, Jul 26, 2018.

This forum sponsored by...
?

How are price quotes handled to customers that aren't in the store?

1. Sales Manager approves a number and then we email/text/phone the customer

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. We have a changing price list we work off of

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. I am the boss! I quote however I wish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. We are one price and email/text/phone those prices freely

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Ha! You weak consumer advocates - we only quote prices in the store

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Alex Snyder

Alex Snyder
    Expand Collapse
    President Skroob

First Name:
    Alex
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh
    Twitter Handle:
    axsnyder
    We went through a few phases at Checkered Flag where each and every price was managed by a sales manager to the entire group keeping a centralized spreadsheet of all the price ranges for each model when we had a BDC. Checkered Flag is now one price, so this a non-issue now.

But how are you giving numbers to a customer when that customer is not in the store?

2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. jon.berna

jon.berna
    Expand Collapse
    D.R. Truth

First Name:
    Jon
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Driven Data
    Twitter Handle:
    Jon_Berna
    I read this right after you posted and it got me thinking. What can we do to create more engagement around the price quote request response?

To me I want the customer to feel they are special, that I worked hard to get them the price and that we are easy to work / transparent.

My thought is to add the price quote to the 1st quality personalized video response. I would create a process to shoot the video of the car with the price quote at the end. The quote should be explained in the video and in production I would add the graphics/text of the quote. Since the quote will essentially be the outro I would make a template of the creative and quickly plug in the variables. I would also start the video by saying I have a personalized quote at the end of this video just for you to ensure they stick around.

Honestly - this may seem hard to some that read this, but that's the point - the customer will feel the effort and that is goal. In terms of scaling it and making it less painful, I see this as a cool product if someone wants to take a stab at it or perhaps this already exists...idk. We are busy...

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    • Great Idea Great Idea x 1