• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Question for Dealer.com guys

ddavis

Boss
Jun 28, 2011
First Name
Doug
A friend was complaining about the number of leads without phone numbers. Looking at his website, the area where it says, "Request More Info", the preferred contact method defaults to email. I'm wondering if the default was set to phone would they get more leads with phone numbers? How much of a negative effect would it be to require both?

A friend was complaining about the number of leads without phone numbers. Looking at his website, the area where it says, "Request More Info", the preferred contact method defaults to email. I'm wondering if the default was set to phone would they get more leads with phone numbers? How much of a negative effect would it be to require both?

Doug,

You won't get a solid number on the projection on the negative effect of making a phone number required, there are way too many variables. Have your friend change the phone number to required and see what happens. NOTE! Your friend must know what his yield is on that form now before he changes it. As you know, you'll want to compare how many appts or shows did it generate? How many sales.

HTH
Joe
p.s. if the form has no phone#, DDC can add it.

That would be interesting to see the difference...... Joe I do have a question with dealer.com, sorry to put you on the spot but I'm interested to see if we can make this work. We worked relentlessly with Cady and Evan our dealer.com reps to get our auto group inventory on each of our dealer pages but segregated out for onsite inventory and offsite inventory
- Cleveland Used Car Dealership | Spitzer Kia West Serving Akron & Mentor.

To be honest your team really came through!!!!

Our customers can now view inventory located at our dealership or our full auto group on an individual dealer page - however when a customer views our full auto group inventory ( Used 2005 Kia Sorento For Sale | Cleveland OH) there seems to be confusion on where the car is located. - Do you know if its possible, to put the location and phone number to dealership on the top right where the social media bars are?

Also on spitzer.com - I am looking for some help on zip code search for inventory - do you know any dealer.com auto group clients that you guys have figured this out for?

One more of the wall question - On our VDP page of spitzer.com (Used 2002 Mitsubishi Galant For Sale |) if you hit directions it doesnt take you to the dealership directions. I apologize to be a pain, I'm sure thats what my reps think but I just want a seamless experience for our customers.

If nothing else, if you can point me in the right direction....thanks Joe!

Doug,

It will also depend on the type of car and type of inventory.

Michael Rose from Google cars mentioned vast differences within a make from model to model like for example low phone contact likelihood from minivan buyers but high from Civic Hybrid buyers. That comment was in the context of lead cost so he explained that they value them based on their willingness to provide contact.

If you further subdivide into categories like ethnic, special finance, etc the differences between calls and emails will be again completely different.

... when a customer views our full auto group inventory ( Used 2005 Kia Sorento For Sale | Cleveland OH) there seems to be confusion on where the car is located. - Do you know if its possible, to put the location and phone number to dealership on the top right where the social media bars are?

Victor,

If one of your design concerns is to raise the importance of telling the shopper where the car is located, IMO, you've already done a GREAT job of accomplishing this goal. The word LOCATION is up high and above the fold. IMO your looking at shoppers that make assumptions and dont read (i.e. a used Kia should be at teh Kia store).

IMO, you've done whats needed, I'd let this one pass.

Used 2005 Kia Sorento For Sale | Cleveland OH

...One more of the wall question - On our VDP page of spitzer.com (Used 2002 Mitsubishi Galant For Sale |) if you hit directions it doesnt take you to the dealership directions. I apologize to be a pain, I'm sure thats what my reps think but I just want a seamless experience for our customers.

If nothing else, if you can point me in the right direction....thanks Joe!

Victor,

DDC is here for one reason... to help you SELL MORE CARS! ;-)

1. Your maps need to be fixed asap. Please reachout to your reps and get your map and directions corrected.
  2. Your static Map Icons need to be actual map screen shots
  3. Your "Similar Cars" appear to be set for matches of Year/Make/model. IMO, that should be changed to display a match of any vehicle that is in the same segment (i.e. Sedans or SUVs or MiniVans) AND sorted by price, so the lowest price match is at the top. This way this mitsu wont return 0 similar cars http://www.spitzer.com/used/Mitsubishi/2002-Mitsubishi-Galant-100b85270a0a006501a84faeb7bbf08e.htm

Please reach out to your reps asap with this list. If they have any questions, please refer them to me and I'll help you as needed.

HTH!

Joe

Joe thanks for the super quick responses! My issue is that car is not in Cleveland :).

If you look below the fold on the right hand side its in sheffield (an hour away from cleveland), we have consumers coming to the wrong store using the same logic you did.

I have asked on this one a few times and from what I understand the VDP page is pretty locked down.

As for the zip code search...we are very excited, thanks for the update!

I dont quite understand #2 I'll ask my rep. #3 Easy enough. Thanks and appreciate the catch!

Sorry to hijack this a tiny bit. Ive got my site done by dealer.com through autotrader.ca, I want to have a blog implemented. I am not a fan of dealer.com's blog platform though. Does anyone have a wordpress blog on their domain while having their site also done through dealer.com?

Sachin,

It just so happens the 1st design that I'd like opinions on addresses this exact problem!!

Get me your email thru a private message here on DealerRefresh forums, I'd like your thoughts to see if my design is going the right way!

Thnx
Joe