• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Question for Dealer.com guys

STAT: Required phone number DECREASED leads by 32%, but the contact (2 way communication) rate on leads went up 46%. (large metro market dealer, stat is a year old)

This of course will vary based on market/market. Joe made a good point that having the "yield" (stats) and what you expect to improve upon. If you come up with your baseline, and what you are trying to improve, it will make it easier to monitor the change (positive or negative).

Reactions: 2 people
Doug,

You won't get a solid number on the projection on the negative effect of making a phone number required, there are way too many variables. Have your friend change the phone number to required and see what happens. NOTE! Your friend must know what his yield is on that form now before he changes it. As you know, you'll want to compare how many appts or shows did it generate? How many sales.

HTH
Joe
p.s. if the form has no phone#, DDC can add it.

When your are looking at it. Email is the default option with a red asterisk pointing out that putting in an email address is a required field. What if, when the customer first saw it, the phone was the default? The customer would have to change the preferred method of contact from phone to email. I'm not sure if the average customer knows that they can change it.

What I REALLY want to see (I've seen it only in non-auto sites) is to have one OR the other required...where as long as the customer enters information into one field the other will not require being filled out too. IMO letting a customer choose phone or email and not requiring the other would build their confidence in their level of control of the conversation and lead to higher submission rates.

Reactions: 4 people