• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Question for IM's using autobase and calculating internet totals

danoneil

Boss
Apr 16, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
We have a system in place ( excel)to go through the data generated via autobase to get accurate internet leads to sales totals for each end of month.

We break it down to total leads to total sales. We weed out duplicates & out of State leads that or not close to us.

We calculate visits to sale ratio and used car visits to sale.

We calculate lead source as well and show to close on each vendor.

When you run a report in autobase for sold leads, the count is always off. What I mean is that a salesperson may not have entered an accurate lead source.

For the internet managers using autobase, how do you use autobase to calculate your totals ?

I know there are autobase employee's that monitor this site. I am not questioning the Autobase software abilities at all. So please do not take this post as if I am questioning the product.

We have a process and feel our process is very accurate with the data provided.

I am looking for input from internet managers exclusively.

What reports do you run etc..

Thanks in advance.

I don't have problems with the software from the internet side. Are there things that I think could be better, of coarse... but when you work with a company with 60 locations, it's hard to make an adjustment just because one person has an idea.

But back to the subject. We have to go thru alot of data to get what we feel are "as close to accurate" month end results.

Is this a fault of AutoBase or a combination of a problem with AB and your sales agents not fully understanding things?

I personally do not use autobase, so my issue is a bit more broad. My issue exists because my payplan will soon be possibly 50% based on (# of vehicles sold in the internet department) * Flat Amount to be determined.

My problem is that I KNOW that what we as internet managers do generates more leads than our statistics show. Who knows how many of the leads we actually generate end up not submitting information and simply show up at the dealership.

Sorry to be going a bit off-topic here, but statistics in the internet department have always seemed to be 50% amazing and 50%...billboard.

My problem is that I KNOW that what we as internet managers do generates more leads than our statistics show. Who knows how many of the leads we actually generate end up not submitting information and simply show up at the dealership.

I can tell you that quite a few online sources create a 3:1 phone-up to Internet lead ratio. Some produce even more phone calls in that ratio. The floor traffic is a tough one to track because of two reasons:

1. Lots of customers aren't even logged
2. When they are logged most sales people don't know how or care to source them

But I'd be willing to bet at least 50% of the floor-ups come from some sort of online engagement at stores with good advertising presence and advertising consistency.

I know none of this completely answers your question, but if you understand the issues and how things fall you might be able to make a better argument for a change on your payplan structure if you're unhappy with it.

I personally do not use autobase, so my issue is a bit more broad. My issue exists because my payplan will soon be possibly 50% based on (# of vehicles sold in the internet department) * Flat Amount to be determined.

Sorry to be going a bit off-topic here, but statistics in the internet department have always seemed to be 50% amazing and 50%...billboard.

What are you using for CRM ?