• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

R.I.P. Automotive Sites that have FAILED.

We actually got it to work. It took a lot of work and the right advertising promotions, but the customers who used it really enjoyed it. It was a fantastic lead generator, and we even sold a few cars straight through that system. I wrote the lack of overall success off to the tool being a bit ahead of it's time and the fact that it took a lot of work (something most people don't like to do).

Last I heard there was some internal turmoil within the organization and that's why it isn't around in this flavor anymore. I think they moved into accessory sales and mostly cater to OEM programs now.

Alex -- you're showing your True GEN Y! hahaha!! ;)

This is a convo for another thread, but this type of service platform just CANNOT work as a viable long-range tool given the current marketplace. Novelty? Sure, maybe, if you have enough of that ilk in your marketplace.

Long story short: as long as there is a "Negotiation," and autos are not commodities like gold and milk, the overwhelmingly vast majority of the buying public needs that eye contact and handshake to affirm that they "got the deal." It's human nature, and it can't change.

Alex -- you're showing your True GEN Y! hahaha!! ;)

John - I think you know where you can stick that comment. I might be closer in age to the Gen Yer's than you are (old man :poke: ), but I ain't one :)

I can tell you the groups who associated to that platform most:

- Doctors
- Lawyers
- Military (while on deployment)
- and anyone else who was insanely busy or unavailable

I think these professions compliment what Jeff stated two posts back.

John - I think you know where you can stick that comment. I might be closer in age to the Gen Yer's than you are (old man :poke: ), but I ain't one :)

I can tell you the groups who associated to that platform most:

- Doctors
- Lawyers
- Military (while on deployment)
- and anyone else who was insanely busy or unavailable

I think these professions compliment what Jeff stated two posts back.

I prefer "experienced." tehe.

But you do make my point: Niche gizmo, at best, used by niche groups. (Where do I find the stick-poking smiley?? :)