• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Really debating running my own managed dealer website. Who's running their own dealer website or con

You might be able to take a look at the code here:

https://github.com/dealertrend/wordpress-plugin-inventory-api

DealerTrend has their own WP plugin but I don't remember what it looks like or how much you can do with it. You could take a look at some of the source code here though. I imagine a lot of the actual manipulation would be on the front end though.

Have been talking with them for awhile now, if they can code my design for me then it will work. Just sent them an e-mail today with my finished designs. Their layout/features are really similar to what I need, just big differences in appearance. If that doesn't work I might end up hiring a PHP programmer to get this project done for me since I don't have enough time.

It took one of my guys less than 2 hours to do it.

Nice, I'm so out of touch with wordpress coding, but I did scan through the files last night. Also would you be interested in taking on a project of mine for $? Your plug-in has pretty much all I need, just need to change around the search and vehicle detail page designs. Plus add a ADP DMS feed? I can get the designs coded into wordpress as regular pages, but can't do much after that. Send me a message if you're interested..

Nice, I'm so out of touch with wordpress coding, but I did scan through the files last night. Also would you be interested in taking on a project of mine for $? Your plug-in has pretty much all I need, just need to change around the search and vehicle detail page designs. Plus add a ADP DMS feed? I can get the designs coded into wordpress as regular pages, but can't do much after that. Send me a message if you're interested..

K,

Problem is if you add up the ADP feed, the code, building and supporting the pages... I will almost do the entire website for the cost of that! So we are back to square one in the thread.