• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Rebel Dealer (Video on steroids)

Shereef

Boss
Jul 24, 2009
First Name
Shereef
Hi Guys/Gals

I found this company a few days ago when they started following me on twitter. I know video is getting stronger and stronger, but this company is video all the way....take a look at the Ford Dealer's site below, and let me know what you think...Looks like a Canadian company, but there might be something to learn here in what they are up to. After taking a hard look...it really got me thinking about my site:light:

http://www.rebeldealer.com/

http://fordvideos.ca/

Shereef Moawad
President & CEO
ChatLead.com, Inc.
CarChat24
[email protected]
Mobile: 727-432-7777
Fax: 800-430-1535
Toll Free: (800) 510-7567
www.CarChat24.com
"Helping car dealers sell more!"

Thanks Shereef for helping me find a video to watch while eating breakfast. Not so sure I got anything out of that, but it was something to do. The website looks cool.

So....what do I think of RebelDealer after watching the video on their homepage? ....let's make it multiple choice and see what others think.

a. Complete sham that is no better than a company with infomercials on TV
b. Been working with Canadian dealers who are very 101 and needs to stick to his target market. Dealers who will accept everything being hosted by YouTube.
c. Making every part of the website require a sign-in along with a vaporware video makes me want to run my virus scanner now!
d. This is the greatest thing since sliced bread - I'm going to sign up immediately!
e. Options A through C

I can't believe I watched that. Thanks Sherref. :yabuddy:

....let's make it multiple choice and see what others think.

a. Complete sham that is no better than a company with infomercials on TV
b. Been working with Canadian dealers who are very 101 and needs to stick to his target market. Dealers who will accept everything being hosted by YouTube.
c. Making every part of the website require a sign-in along with a vaporware video makes me want to run my virus scanner now!
d. This is the greatest thing since sliced bread - I'm going to sign up immediately!
e. Options A through C

Ummmm... "E" would be my choice!

IMO, this guy gets it: Carleton Ford Ontario Yes it's corney, but that's the vibe a shopper can expect. The principal is on premises and it's his place. They're anti-corporate. They've used video to tell a story WITHOUT PRICE. Kudos.

And yes... RebelDealer kinda did the same thing, but it's just painful to watch. I could only tolerate 3 mins of it. Shereef, you owe me 3 mins of my life back!

hahaha

Ok...yes, I should have watched the Ford video first. After watching the RebelDealer video I was too afraid to go any further. :)

I'm with you Joe, a little on the corny side but even more...what's up with that background music? From Big Bang Orchestra to Smack My Bitch Up by Prodigy. :rofl:

It's nice to see the dealer principle doing the videos. Helps build some transparency. With more time we will see video like this start to shape across our industry.

Who's on board with me to start a online video production/agency??? The software and hardware is the easy cheap part.