• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Recommended software

ORdealer

Green Pea
Jul 29, 2013
First Name
John
Thought I would be the first to post in the software category and just see what software is recommended and why? Been looking all around at reviews and would like suggestions, also what should I expect to pay per month for the software and total IT operations?

While yes I work for a DMS company I will say there are many options out there for DMS today where a few years ago there were not. Do some research sit through several full demos of each and together with your staff make an informed decision. I would also recommend seeking out one of the DMS Consulting Firms and let them help you, it will be money well spent they will keep you from getting in a long contract at an inflated price. If you have any direct questions about features please feel free to ask.

Reactions: 1 person
While yes I work for a DMS company I will say there are many options out there for DMS today where a few years ago there were not. Do some research sit through several full demos of each and together with your staff make an informed decision. I would also recommend seeking out one of the DMS Consulting Firms and let them help you, it will be money well spent they will keep you from getting in a long contract at an inflated price. If you have any direct questions about features please feel free to ask.

Whats a good NMS and do I need this software? Pros, Cons? Looking at ADP for DMS, would you recommend them? Thanks

Great solutions are available from Microsoft now for NMS. Check out MS Cloud Services - Microsoft Partner of the Year 2012 for Windows Intune and if you are a Dealers United member go get there deal where it's 30 days free to try out! You also get the DU discount of 25%+ - hope this serves you well.

Awesome, thanks! Just wondering to compare, who else does a great job at NMS? Just shopping around for best deal and best service

I have been having a lot of luck with Spiceworks, it's not quite a NMS but it has a lot of the features of one. Best of all, its free! The only thing that I am running into is we don't have a Windows Domain Controller so the configuration changes to support it are manual accross 100 computers.