• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Refreshed DealerRefresh

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
We're live again after a little downtime this morning with a new iteration of DealerRefresh. There is still a lot of work to do, so you may come across some empty rooms as we move the furniture from the old house to this new one.

Expect to find some changes to the navigation and forum functionality. We're on the latest and greatest everything, and there is some new stuff for us to figure out. Jeff, Craig, and I are hammering in the background - don't mind the noise.

Reactions: Josh S
Done. Unfortunately, that plugin we have all become so accustomed to forced us to do this upgrade. It hasn't been supported in years. We're going to try and keep it as long as it doesn't break too many things. It broke the ability to do polls for example.

Is it possible to make this the default view? That way it's not such a drastic change for users and lurkers

View attachment 7379

The biggest fear of making this change was losing this particular Add-on. We have had this add-on/feature for years now and I KNEW if we were forced to remove it, it would cause a ruckus. Unfortunately, as Alex stated, it's not longer being supported and causes a few conflicts in the UI and admin - like removing the ability to post a POLL. We're desperately looking for a replacement. We were hoping the new "Feeds" add-on would have been a good enough BUT as great as it is for additional features and UI, it's not exactly what we were hoping for. I'll continue to search until all options are exhausted, and for the time being we will have to live without the options of posting POLLS.

PLEASE - for the community, this is a great time to throw us any suggestions and/or ideas to help better the user experience. Thank to everyone that has already.