• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Review my website?

Jerry,

Here are a couple of suggestions.... things that you can do on your own without changing providers, and by spending time, not money, on your site.

1. Increase keyword relevance on the homepage you provided by adding specific makes and models that you carry, and add more neighboring towns/cities/counties because this will improve SEO. Each dealership homepage already does this to some degree, but why not do the same for the main landing page? I'd also add some keywords that point to fixed operations as well.

2. Improve the visibility of your pre-owned inventory: There are way too many stock photos, and if you're focusing on pre-owned sales, you must do a better job of merchandising the inventory. I would also make the angle of the primary photo consistent while taking the same number of photos for each vehicle..... you do a great job of showcasing the Escalade, try and replicate that for all of your vehicles.

3. If possible, add your credit app and trade in buttons onto each the main inventory page. Doing so will improve conversion by making these tools more prominent.

4. Make sure that all vehicles have specific comments... again, you do a good job on the Escalade.

5. Make your facebook presence more prominent on each store's homepage and possibly the main landing page. Why not add twitter as well?

6. Create a blog and link it to your website.... it will slowly help SEO as you post relevant content while linking back to your website.

7. Make the pre-owned specials more prominent, and beef up the actual specials page. Add the credit app and trade in form here as well. I'd also provide a single point of contact for the specials page... the name of the ISM for example.

8. Use "was/now" dual pricing on specials (and perhaps all of your pre-owned) to help establish price value.

These are a few quick thoughts that I think will help! Do with them what you will, and I'm sure there are far more profitable ideas out there in addition to what my feeble mind has brought to the table.

Who has the balls to get their website reviewed? Looks like me.

JUBILEE AUTO GROUP | Your Local Waco Used Car Dealership | New Mitsubishi, Subaru dealership in Waco, TX - focus on pre-owned sales.

ANY criticism is highly respected. No harsh feelings, you guys may be able to spot something I missed.

using @dealer.com btw

Thanks

I would try to work on contrasting things better and drawing eyes to certain things you want people to see, I found my eyes wandering. There was some text off center that looked like it was meant to be centered too.

Anyone can feel free to chime in about my Cobalt site too... www.terryvillechevy.com

Visually for me, it’s not working. The template is fine, but the rusty, grunge background is not something I would want to associate with a quality pre-owned vehicle. If you want that cool, trendy and dark background, I’d go with a carbon fiber, or a lighter shiny metal. Another point on the visual, you really need to develop a logo or brand mark for the JUBILEE AUTO GROUP—or the used car division. A logo in the center of the two locations would give it a little more polish, weight and legitimacy. I’d move the mid-page icons directly under the slideshow, and make the information below, a page (Why Jubilee Is Different,) and replace it with a location map, contact information and a photo of the dealership. I see a lot of dealers taking professional photos of their dealership, but they’re most always missing people. Take a photo of the office or lot and make sure to populate the shot with customers and team. You want your place to look like a “happenin’†place—even if you have to stage the action.

I know that you have the phrase, “Your Local Waco Used Car Dealership.†Unless let’s set in stone, something more powerful like, “Waco’s Best Choice for Used Vehicles.†Of course, I prefer the word “Pre-Owned.â€

On the slide show, I’d mockup a little search results and make the link to the search bigger and more obvious with a stronger call-to-action.

Visually for me, it’s not working. The template is fine, but the rusty, grunge background is not something I would want to associate with a quality pre-owned vehicle. If you want that cool, trendy and dark background, I’d go with a carbon fiber, or a lighter shiny metal. Another point on the visual, you really need to develop a logo or brand mark for the JUBILEE AUTO GROUP—or the used car division. A logo in the center of the two locations would give it a little more polish, weight and legitimacy. I’d move the mid-page icons directly under the slideshow, and make the information below, a page (Why Jubilee Is Different,) and replace it with a location map, contact information and a photo of the dealership. I see a lot of dealers taking professional photos of their dealership, but they’re most always missing people. Take a photo of the office or lot and make sure to populate the shot with customers and team. You want your place to look like a “happenin’†place—even if you have to stage the action.

I know that you have the phrase, “Your Local Waco Used Car Dealership.†Unless let’s set in stone, something more powerful like, “Waco’s Best Choice for Used Vehicles.†Of course, I prefer the word “Pre-Owned.â€

On the slide show, I’d mockup a little search results and make the link to the search bigger and more obvious with a stronger call-to-action.

Thanks David. I agree with almost all of your points.

I've actually sent a ticket to my rep @ dealer.com for the background. However, their turn around time (at least for us) usually is 2-4 weeks, maybe more. Ridiculous.

As for the logo, our proprietor refuses to get a logo for either or our divisions - new or used. Which to me is astounding. You cant brand without a brandable image.

The "Your Local Waco Used Car Dealership" is for seo reasons simply. This term brings us in 600+ unique visitors and around 40-50 leads. Too afraid to change it due to current high rankings.

If I may ask, what do you think about the VDP? For example: Used 2010 Kia Optima I4 Auto LX For Sale | Waco TX

Do you fellows think the "We understand you're simply shopping." line works on the consumers? What about the new definition of salesman "Internet Customer Service".

Also here's some advice for your VDP if you have a mostly white based website: change your most prominant lead links to hex color #0000ff. Users are accustomed to this color on the internet and we saw our CTR for ePrice leads go up almost 17% after making the change.

I would try to work on contrasting things better and drawing eyes to certain things you want people to see, I found my eyes wandering. There was some text off center that looked like it was meant to be centered too.

Anyone can feel free to chime in about my Cobalt site too... www.terryvillechevy.com

What's the deal with the hidden text box near the bottom? I assume it's there for SEO purposes. In case you didn't know Google will ignore text in text boxes.

Terryville Chevrolet is proud to be your premier Terryville, Connecticut Chevrolet dealer with great deals on new Chevy cars, trucks and SUVs. Being family owned, Terryville Chevrolet has committed ourselves to our Bristol Chevrolet, Hartford and Waterbury Chevrolet drivers, which is why we continually earn high Customer Satisfaction scores. We understand customer service and we'll do what it takes to make sure you leave Terryville Chevrolet 100% satisfied. Don't hesitate to contact us for anything you may need. We are your CT Chevy Dealer! Looking for used cars in Terryville, CT? Terryville Chevrolet is more than a new car dealer serving Bristol and Hartford; we're also your used car dealer in Terryville with an exceptional inventory of used Chevy cars, trucks and SUVs. We are also proud to serve our New Britain Chevrolet and Torrington Chevrolet customers so be sure to visit our dealership for pre-owned, pre-loved, Certified Used Chevrolets. On top of our great inventory of vehicles we have an outstanding service center for all your Chevy needs. You can conveniently schedule a service appointment or order Chevy parts online. We are open 5 days a week for your convenience. We can also help you find affordable financing options on all new and used cars for sale in Terryville, CT. ;We'll treat you right†at Terryville Chevrolet, proud to also serve our Farmington Chevrolet customers! Also serving customers in the Danbury, Hartford, Farmington and New Milford areas. Used Cars in Bristol CT. We welcome all CT Saturn, Pontiac and Hummer customers to join the Terryville Chevy Family. We strive for all Connecticut Pontiac, Saturn and Hummer owners to choose Terryville Chevrolet for their sales and service needs. Terryville Chevy is certified to service your Saturn, Pontiac or Hummer. Terryville Chevy is one of the top Chevy dealers in CT, being one of the top Chevrolet dealers in CT allows us to serve you better. Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ferrari, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hummer, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Lamborghini, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Lotus, Mazda, Mercedes, Mercury, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Porsche, Buick, Saab, Saturn, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen, VW, Volvo, Equnox, Chevy Equinox Terryville Chevy is proud to offer you the 2011 Chevy lineup of cars, trucks and suvs. Vehicles like the 2011 Chevy Cruze, 2011 Chevy Camaro, 2011 Chevy corvette, 2011 Chevy Malibu, 2011 Chevy Equinox, 2011 Chevy Traverse, 2011 Chevy Silverado HD, 2011 Camaro Convertible and More! Terryville Chevrolet is your source for 2011 Chevrolet vehicles!

This is obvious keyword stuffing which I THINK google is smart enough to recognize. Make it a little more readable for humans - same keywords.

On this page: Terryville Chevrolet LLC, Chevrolet loan, finance, Terryville, payment calculator, credit application, car loan application

Try putting the form ABOVE the fold so most users wont have to scroll when visiting the page - because most users WONT SCROLL. Lazy.

Try to focus more on your service page: Terryville Chevrolet is your CT Chevy Service and Parts provider! | Serving Terryville, Bristol and all of CT | All makes and models serviced

Add some pictures of the advisors, techs, maybe a couple of videos. Customer testimonials, etc.

Why Buy From Terryville Chevrolet | Terryville Chevrolet LLC is a Terryville Chevrolet dealer and a new car and used car Terryville CT Chevrolet dealership. needs a better employee picture. Good idea but the picture quality is crap. Dont put up ANY testimonials until you get 5 great ones. Showing only 2 testimonials makes it seem from the buyers end you plainly arent getting any good testimonials.

Also complete your pictures here: Meet Our Staff At Terryville Chevrolet | Terryville Chevrolet LLC is a Terryville Chevrolet dealer and a new car and used car Terryville CT Chevrolet dealership.

Although you may have the same problem im having - the guys in the back do not GET THE INTERNET. They are not picture friendly, not video friendly, not internet friendly and plainly they negate what im trying to do with their department online rather than help.

Just as a brief observation I would have to add that:

a) It's a pretty outdated site.

b) Not very user friendly.

c) Your site consultant should be working with you to ensure inventory content is complete and uniform. Consumers look for ease of navigation and uniformity as it's easier to pick and choose which potential unit they may be interested in.

d) In this day and age it's funny to see WebSolutions not understanding the importance of unique title tags. I noticed that on the Subaru site.

e) Why are you waiting 2-4 weeks for changes? Web Infrastructure and (as was mentioned before) content is king. More than that customer service and making changes in a quick fashion are just as important in my book. I've seen as companies get so big, their size seems to take precedence over the small guys who helped them get to that point.

Those are my main thoughts on the matter. Best of luck.

VDP is way too cluttered. In general I think the site is too dark, and a lot gets lost.

Make sure you have specials on the homepage. I like the slideshow but inject more local / dealer related content into it.

2-4 weeks for changes is terrible. 24-48 hours is ideal, I'm proud we can hit that mark in most cases.