• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Reynolds closes modem access?

If Reynolds would focus on making things easier for the dealer their business would do a lot better.

This is my first post but HERE HERE on that one, they seem to only be concerned with the bottom line and squeezing every last dollar out of the dealer that they can. We are on Reynolds and Higher Gear, I saw what they were looking to charge a CRM company for RCI and it makes no sense!

Secondly, see my answer to BobSanderson, we still need to concern ourselves with what happens once the 3rd party is in the system and what do they do with the data once it is out. [/QUOTE]

Exactly! Just like Automotive Dealers need to be concerned about what paying customers do with their cars once they leave the dealership. Where are people going and why? What are they putting in the trunk?

If the trunk contains personal information like social security numbers or access to even more personal or financial information, or more information to be used in identity theft... then yes, they would need to know what is in the trunk.

You have to look at both sides of the coin.

If the trunk contains personal information like social security numbers or access to even more personal or financial information, or more information to be used in identity theft... then yes, they would need to know what is in the trunk.

before reading this post, please answer the following questions:

What Color is a Banana?
What color is the sky?
What kind of store would you buy Food from?
Which DMS provider beleaguered their customers with stupid questions until they revolted?

No, it's none of their business what I put in my trunk. I can choose to leave my car unlocked if I want. Most people WANT a lock on their trunk and means to "secure" their vehicle and it's contents...but if I want to hand the keys over to someone else...that's my call. I personally would not purchase a vehicle where I had to tell the dealership what I was going to put in my trunk and get their permission to do so before it would open.

So...just so we are clear on this... If I purchase an automobile from a dealer...and choose to put personal information in the trunk... you think it's the dealerships obligation and right to come to my house and take it away from me or prevent me from accessing my trunk. I'll think I'd avoid that dealership.

I "collected" the personal information. I could have written it down on paper with a pen. (would Office Depot would come and take away my paper?) instead, I stored it in a computer. I have a license to use that software. I purchased the license to keep the information that I collect organized and secure but accessible. By secure...I don't mean from ME and other employee's or assigns that I collected the information for. Otherwise...it's useless to me. After dealing with that mentality, I'm sure more than a few dealers wish they had gone with paper and pen.

What's that noise? Sounds like a stampede of customers leaving. Last one out, turn off the lights.

I think you missed his point. Its HIS personal information in the trunk, none of Reynolds business.

Might want to look at notepad instead of eralink then... Sounds like you're just complaining just to complain.
Sounds like you are on the outside looking in at the issues dealers are facing. I would suggest you read more and post less until you are more versed in the subject.
We all wish we could use notepad, at least Microsoft lets me do what I want with my .txt files.

Might want to look at notepad instead of eralink then... Sounds like you're just complaining just to complain.

Imagine that my dealership DID keep all of its information in Notepad text file, and everything was great.

Then what if Microsoft *changed* Notepad, for no good reason and without any warning, so that I could only print the first ten lines of each text file?

Would it be okay to complain at that point?

Dealerships pay ReyRey a LOT of money to use their software. I expect the changes they make to the software to IMPROVE our ability to extract, manipulate, and analyze our data. However, lately it seems like we're paying them for the privilege of making our data *more difficult* to access OR REMOVING OUR ACCESS COMPLETELY.

Why would I want to pay someone to make my job more difficult?